Financial advice

Need help with your spending plan, figuring out your resources, or discussing special financial circumstances? Talk to an Enrolment Services Professional (ESP) for personalized support and advice and check out our Financial Toolkit to get on track.

How to contact your ESP

Find your ESP's contact information on the Student Service Centre (SSC) under Personal Info > UBC Contacts. Your ESP can help you in person, or by phone or email. 

If you're facing unexpected financial distress or have had a significant change to your financial situation contact an Enrolment Services Professional. They can help you through this difficult time and make sure you get the support you need.

Don't have an assigned ESP?

No problem! Enrolment Services Professionals (ESPs) are still available to help. Use our AskMe form to contact us.

You may have financial questions that are beyond the scope of our services. For more resources, see the following table.

For questions about... We suggest you contact...
Credit/debt management The Credit Counselling Society of BC or other credit/debt management specialists
Investing Certified financial advisors at your banking institution
Taxes/tax return preparation Canada Revenue Agency for detailed information or attend on-campus tax clinics

If you are a UBC staff or faculty member, student group representative, teacher, or guidance counsellor and are interested in accessing a presentation for your students, please contact us at