In order to balance the rights of people who cannot wear a face covering and public health risks, especially to people at heightened risk of severe illness, the following practices are required for students unable to wear a face covering:
- Limit your campus attendance to access the essential services that you require, such as attending classes. If you do need to access UBC common areas, please:
- Maintain a physical distance of 2 meters from others at all times.
- Clean shared equipment before and after use.
- Maintain clean hands and use hand sanitizer upon entry to and exit from all common areas.
- Stay home when you are sick, even if symptoms are mild. Avoid coming to campus.
- Before coming to campus each day, assess yourself using the BC COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool on BC Thrive Health.
- Complete the Student Face Covering Exemption form to receive the classroom accommodation that allows you to notify your instructor of your Mask Exemption via the Centre for Accessibility or DRC Accommodations Portal.