Not part of a student club, but interested in learning more about global issues or hanging out with like-minded people? Come to the Global Lounge to take part in intercultural events, share new ideas, make new friends, or even create an event or initiative of your own. You can also enjoy free hot drinks and snacks during the exam period and a quiet place to study. Global Lounge is a welcoming home and positive space for everyone.
About the space and booking the Global Lounge
About the Global Lounge
Book the space
- Check the Global Lounge availability calendar below.
- If the Global Lounge is available for your time and date, complete this booking form. Please allow two business days for bookings during our regular hours and five business days for bookings outside of our business hours. We will contact you once your booking is confirmed.
Important information regarding your booking
The Global Lounge's hours of operation are 12pm to 8pm, Monday to Friday. If you are not a network member and your booking is for outside our business hours, you will be subject to a charge of $20/hour plus HST, payable to the University of British Columbia.
If your booking is for a recurring event, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This can also be specified in the 'Notes and Special Requests regarding this booking' section in the online booking form.
- Capacity of room – 41 people (some overflow chairs available)
- Description: Large round room with chairs, an AV system that includes a 60" TV, DVD player, and ability to do PPT presentations, etc.
- Capacity of room – 24 people
- Description: Long, rectangular room with 3 tables and 12 chairs, small couch and table area.
Additional features of our rooms:
- Movable tables and chairs
- Podium and lectern
- Carpet flooring
- Natural light
- Projector screen and multimedia projector
We understand that bookings may need to be cancelled. In these situations we ask that you please notify us of your need to cancel an event booking 48 hours in advance. If you need to cancel your booking/s, our cancellation policy is as follows:
- Send cancellation details to the Global Lounge staff by email or phone. Inform us of cancellations as soon as possible so we can reallocate the space to a person on the waiting list.
- Bookings that are NOT cancelled in advance will result in a warning to the event organizers.
- After three warnings, event organizers will have their Global Lounge booking privileges revoked.