Canada Summer Jobs
Am I eligible?
Canada Summer Jobs provides funding for not-for-profit organizations, public-sector employers (including most UBC faculties and departments) and private small businesses with 50 or fewer employees to create summer jobs for full-time students.
To be eligible, you must:
Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment
Have been registered as a full-time student in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year
Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
Be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations
Where can you find jobs?
Most Canada Summer Jobs positions will be advertised mid-March/early April.
Search the Service Canada Job Bank
- Browse job postings on CareersOnline
- Find job postings on faculty/school/department job boards and websites
- Ask your faculty/school/department office about available positions
- Ask professors, faculty, and department employees if they can create a position for you:
- Tell them about the wage subsidy program.
- Refer them to our Faculty & Staff website for more information.
- Remind them that their deadline to apply for the program has been extended until Sunday, February 3, 2019