Beauty Night builds self-esteem and changes the lives of women and youth living in poverty through three streams of programming: wellness, life skills development, and makeovers. Beauty Night’s Life Makeover program creates a safe space where the participants are able to be themselves, make friends, and experience a healthy touch. Read more about Beauty Night Society.
Beauty Night Society
About the organization
What you'll do
- Connect clients with services (e.g. shelters, detox centres as required)
- Offer foot and nail care alongside estheticians (training is provided)
- Facilitate arts and literacy activities, and possibly working with children
- Conduct participant surveys and represent Beauty Night Society through social media, talks, and tabling at local events
- Opportunities also exist for behind-the-scenes support, public speaking and tabling at events, organizing fundraisers, writing grants, raising awareness through social media, and doing school presentations.)
What you’ll get out of this experience
- Leadership skills including critical thinking, communication, and teamwork
- Experience working with diverse groups of women and youth
- Opportunity to learn about health promotion and women’s health strategies in marginalized communities
- For this placement, you must also fill out an application form for Beauty Night Society – under, “How did you hear about Beauty Night Society?” please indicate that you are applying through the Trek Program
- Attend a mandatory on-site orientation session on October 3 or November 7
- Availability during the December holiday season
All year levels/backgrounds/disciplines welcome.
Front line volunteer opportunities are available Monday to Thursday, 5:30pm - 8:00pm, and occasional daytimes & weekends.
*Please note that Beauty Night’s programs are busy during the December holiday season. Volunteers must have some availability during this peak time. Contact Trek program staff if you have any questions.