The Dr. Peter Centre is the only HIV/AIDS day health program and 24-hour care residence in B.C. It offers care and support to improve the overall health of people most in need. At the Dr. Peter AIDS Foundation, every day is an inspiring reminder of what we can achieve by providing HIV treatment and other supports for people whose lives are impacted by HIV/AIDS and the additional challenges of addiction, mental illness, poverty and discrimination. Read more about Dr. Peter Centre.
Dr. Peter Centre (FULL)
About the organization
What you'll do
Client Engagement Assistant
Enrich life at the Centre: bring a wealth of experience and energy to the lives of our participants and residents and to special events.
Interact and engage with the participants while they transition between the various structured programs (e.g. art therapy, meal program)
What you’ll get out of this experience
- Learn about the challenges faced by people with HIV/AIDS.
- Work in an accepting, respecting and valuing the dignity of each individual environment
- Support the spiritual, psychological, social and physical needs and desires of each individual based on their own choices
- Recognize the broad determinants of health and quality of life, and how to provide innovative, integrated, flexible, community-based care.
- NOTE: Application deadline is earlier than the general Trek program!
- APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 20, 2017 at 11:59pm.
- Must complete a Criminal Record Check
- Must obtain a TB test if accepted into the placement
- Must be 19 years or older
- Attend a 2-hour workshop on Tuesday, October 3 from 5-7pm at the Dr. Peter Centre. This workshop is mandatory, and applicants who cannot attend need not apply.
- Background in Psychology or Nursing is an asset
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Trek students are expected to commit to a regular 2-4 hour shift each week.
INFORMATION SUBJECT TO CHANGE