Queen Alexandra Elementary School works to ensure that all of its students can succeed academically and socially in an emotionally nurturing environment. One such way is through project-based learning, which is a dynamic approach to learning in which students explore real-life situations while working in small collaborative groups. Students are likely to retain the knowledge gained through this approach than through traditional learning and this approach inspires students to gain a deeper knowledge of the subjects they are studying. In addition, students develop confidence and self-direction as they move through both collaborative and independent work. Read more about Queen Alexandra Elementary School.
Queen Alexandra Elementary (FULL)
About the school
What you'll do
- Assist the teacher in-class
- This position includes one-on-one reading, working in small groups, and general classroom assistance.
What you’ll get out of this experience
- Learn how students explore real-life sutations while working in small collaborative groups
- Develop strategies on how to assist students with their classroom work
- Flexibility, indepenedence, initiative and patience.
- Willingness to work with a variety of children in a variety of settings.
- Willingness to carry out tasks allocated by teachers.
- Hours are flexible. Must commit to one day per week.
- Monday to Friday, 9am - 11am
- Monday to Friday. 10am - 12pm
- Monday to Friday, 1pm - 3pm
Queen Alexandra Elementary
There is a possibility of going off site for a field trip within the Lower Mainland