- You must have at least a 70% average in your most recent academic term
- You need to be a UBC student in good academic standing
- You must be a full-time student in the year before your Go Global experience
- All undergraduate students except for students in Arts must have third or fourth year standing during the exchange or study abroad program
How your grades will be evaluated
Go Global will review your Winter Term 1 (September – December) grades if you’re applying for:
Go Global will be reviewing your Winter Term 2 (January – April) grades if you’re applying for the Round 2 Exchange deadline in May.
To discuss possible appeals or exceptions to the UBC requirements outlined above, please connect with a Go Global advisor.
If you require academic or other accommodations abroad, please speak to your regional Exchange advisor six weeks before applying.
Taking your final term abroad before graduating
Students can not graduate before all transfer credit is processed and degree requirements are complete. Students should return to UBC for at least one term after your Go Global program before graduation in order to allow for the transfer credit process to be complete.
For example, due to normal transfer credit processing times, it is not possible to graduate in May if you finish your degree requirements while abroad in Term 2.
Requirements for taking your final term abroad
Going on exchange or study abroad for your final term requires approval from Go Global and your faculty advisor.
- Meet with a Go Global advisor. In this meeting you will discuss the program, transfer credit timelines, and possible risks or consequences with your plan.
- Meet with your faculty advisor to discuss your degree requirements and eligibility for graduation. It is also recommended to meet with your program or departmental advisor.
As transfer credit equivalencies are not always determined before your exchange or study program ends, there is also a risk that your transfer credits may not meet your remaining degree requirements, and you may need to return to UBC for additional courses.