The transfer credit process takes approximately 16 weeks following each submission deadline. You should allow sufficient time to meet important deadlines that may affect you (e.g., application for graduation, registration in courses that require prerequisites that you took on exchange, entry to a major/honours program, etc.)
- A member of the U21 network
- Located in Shanghai, China
- One of the oldest, most prestigious and most selective universities in the People's Republic of China
- Highly ranked in physical sciences, humanities, social sciences, and medicine
- 45,000 students with 1,700+ students from overseas
- 17 full-time schools, 69 departments, 73 bachelor's degree programs, 22 disciplines
- Great for Mandarin language learning with an immersive environment
Partner university's areas of study
ELIGIBILITY AND TIMING
Who can go?
- Most areas of study open to students
- Limited number of English taught courses each semester (80 - 100)
- Chinese language courses
- Commerce students should select "Fudan-COMMERCE" on their Go Global application
- Semester 1: Early September to end of January FU
- Semester 2: Early March to Mid-July
Course equivalency formula
- Fudan 6 credits = UBC 7.5 credits Fudan 4 credits = UBC 5 credits
- Fudan 3 credits = UBC 3.75 credits
- Fudan 2 credits = UBC 2.5 credits
- Fudan 1 credit = UBC 1.25 credits
- For Language courses: Fudan 1 credit = .75 Ubc credit
Passing grade60-61, D, 1.3
Credit transfer process
* Students who have special requirements or require academic accommodation should contact a Go Global advisor regarding their needs at least six weeks prior to the application deadline.
Type of Go Global Experiences
Course information and restrictions
- Language students: will be enrolled in the language school and after the LPT (language Positioning Test), the student will have a list of courses in intensive Chinese learning Language, students cannot choose other courses in undergraduate level
- General Advanced Student (undergraduate level): specify major, courses are taught in Foreign languages, student will register courses in the Course Registration System
- First Phase of course registration is in your Fudan major or program
- Second Phase: all courses are open to students
- There are no mandatory courses for exchange students - however, you will find that courses in your major can be registered earlier than all other courses so you should choose your major carefully
- When students get their admission package they can refer to the website for course info
Full course load information
- 6-15 credits at Fudan for one semester (2-6 courses)
- Average 10 credits
Transfer credits and equivalent courses at this university
Check out the courses that students have successfully transferred back in the last 3 years. If you don't see a course you need listed, it simply means you need to submit the course to be evaluated through the Transfer Credit Portal while on exchange.
* Areas of study at partner universities are subject to change. This list is to be used as a general guideline and is not exhaustive; research the partners' websites for additional course information.
- 15 credits or equivalent full-time program fee per term, paid to UBC
- Summer students attend through our exchange agreement and pay tuition to UBC and tuition will be based on the number of credits earned at the partner institution
Scholarships + awards
- Scholarship available through the Chinese Government, in collaboration with the Ministry of Education, for eligible BC students to study abroad, in order to strengthen mutual understanding and friendship between the Chinese people and people from the whole world
- Eligibility criteria, application forms and procedures and further information about the Chinese Government Scholarship
- Additionally, see Fudan University Scholarship Website
The Go Global award $1000
All students accepted to Go Global for Exchange, Research Abroad, or Study Abroad programs are automatically considered for this award. If you meet the eligibility criteria, you'll be notified of your award after you're accepted to Go Global and after you get nominated to apply to the partner university.
Students who are eligible for awards may receive one UBC or UBC-affiliated international learning award. If you're eligible, you are always offered the highest-value award. Unless stated otherwise, you need to meet eligibility criteria set out by the University Senate regarding awards.
Information for US students
If you are a student from the United States, please check the US Department of Education Lookup Tool to ensure that any partner institution you wish to attend on Exchange is Title IV ‘eligible’ forFederal Student Aid for the year in which you intend to study there. For institutions outside of the US, select “Foreign Country” from the “State” dropdown menu.
If you attend an eligible institution, then you may receive Title IV federal student loans while on Exchange.
If you attend an ineligible institution:
- You will not be eligible for US federal student loans,
- You may invalidate any US student aid you have previously received for your studies at UBC,
- You may be required to immediately begin repaying your US student loans, and
- You may not be eligible for any future US student aid for the remainder of your studies at UBC.
- Some partner fees may apply
Types of accommodation available
- Main campus: Handan campus
- Most colleges and schools are located at the Handan campus except for the College of Medicine, which is located at the Fenglin campus in southwest part of Shanghai
- Housing for exchange students is available at the Handan (Foreign Students Building)
- Please be aware that the campus housing may not be available to all applicants since there are always outnumbering dormitory applicants than the number of rooms available