The transfer credit process takes approximately 16 weeks following each submission deadline. You should allow sufficient time to meet important deadlines that may affect you (e.g., application for graduation, registration in courses that require prerequisites that you took on exchange, entry to a major/honours program, etc.)
Stockholm University School of Business
- The Stockholm University School of Business was founded in 1962
- One of the largest departments at the university and belongs to the Faculty of Social Sciences
- 3 500+ students, 70 lecturers/researchers, 30 doctoral students, and30 administrative staff
- Offers 5 international Master’s programmes (Accounting Auditing & Analysis, Banking & Finance, Consumer and Business Marketing, Management Studies, Strategic IT Management)
- Offers one Bachelor’s programme (Business Administration & Political Science) in English
- Stockholm is the capital and largest city of Sweden
- The cultural, media, political, and economic centre of Sweden since the 13th century
- Known for its beauty, historical buildings and architecture, rivers and many parks, and vibrant culture
Partner university's areas of study
ELIGIBILITY AND TIMING
Who can go?
- Only COMM (UBCV) students are eligible to apply to this partner university
- Term 1: Late August to mid January
- Term 2: Mid January to early June
- Students attending Term 1 will not be able to return to attend Term 2 at UBC
Course equivalency formula
- ECTS credits divided by 2 = UBC credits
- A = 90-100% Pass with Distinction (VG)
- B = 80-89% Pass with Distinction (VG)
- C = 70-79% Pass (G)
- D = 60-69% Pass (G)
- E = 50-59% Pass (G)
- F = 49% and below Fail (F)
Credit transfer process
* Students who have special requirements or require academic accommodation should contact a Go Global advisor regarding their needs at least six weeks prior to the application deadline.
Type of Go Global Experiences
Course information and restrictions
- Students are only able to choose courses that are offered by Stockholm Business School
- It is generally not possible to choose courses from other departments at Stockholm University, unless specifically indicated on the course list
Transfer credits and equivalent courses at this university
Check out the courses that students have successfully transferred back in the last 3 years. If you don't see a course you need listed, it simply means you need to submit the course to be evaluated through the Transfer Credit Portal while on exchange.
* Areas of study at partner universities are subject to change. This list is to be used as a general guideline and is not exhaustive; research the partners' websites for additional course information.
- 15 credits or equivalent full-time program fee per term, paid to UBC
- Some exceptions may apply
Scholarships + awards
The Go Global award $1000
All students accepted to Go Global for Exchange, Research Abroad, or Study Abroad programs are automatically considered for this award. If you meet the eligibility criteria, you'll be notified of your award after you're accepted to Go Global and after you get nominated to apply to the partner university.
Students who are eligible for awards may receive one UBC or UBC-affiliated international learning award. If you're eligible, you are always offered the highest-value award. Unless stated otherwise, you need to meet eligibility criteria set out by the University Senate regarding awards.
Information for US students
If you are a student from the United States, please check the US Department of Education Lookup Tool to ensure that any partner institution you wish to attend on Exchange is Title IV ‘eligible’ forFederal Student Aid for the year in which you intend to study there. For institutions outside of the US, select “Foreign Country” from the “State” dropdown menu.
If you attend an eligible institution, then you may receive Title IV federal student loans while on Exchange.
If you attend an ineligible institution:
- You will not be eligible for US federal student loans,
- You may invalidate any US student aid you have previously received for your studies at UBC,
- You may be required to immediately begin repaying your US student loans, and
- You may not be eligible for any future US student aid for the remainder of your studies at UBC.
Types of accommodation available
- 4 students going to Stockholm University will be offered a housing stipend to cover the cost of accommodation on campus for one semester