The transfer credit process takes approximately 16 weeks following each submission deadline. You should allow sufficient time to meet important deadlines that may affect you (e.g., application for graduation, registration in courses that require prerequisites that you took on exchange, entry to a major/honours program, etc.)
University of Ljubljana
- Founded in 1919
- 63,000+ graduate and postgraduate students and approximately 4,000 higher education teachers
- One of the largest universities in the world
- Based in Ljubljana, the capital of Slovenia
- Students account for more than 1/7 of the population of the city, givingit a youthful and lively character
- The university's central office and the majority of schools are situated in the centre of Ljubljana
- Several newer and modern buildings of the University are located on the city outskirts
Partner university's areas of study
ELIGIBILITY AND TIMING
Who can go?
- Only Arts students are eligible to apply
- Semester 1: Mid September to Mid January
- Semester 2: Late January to Early June
Course equivalency formula
- ECTS credits divided by 2 = UBC credits
Passing grade6 or E
Local grades Mark range ECTS grades
10 - excellent 91% - 100% A
09 - very good 81% - 90% B
08 – very good 71% - 80% C
07 – good 61% - 70% D
06 – pass 51% - 60% E
1-5 – fail less than 51% F
Credit transfer process
* Students who have special requirements or require academic accommodation should contact a Go Global advisor regarding their needs at least six weeks prior to the application deadline.
Type of Go Global Experiences
Course information and restrictions
- UBC exchange students will study in the Faculty of Social Sciences
Full course load information
- 30 ECTS credits per semester
Transfer credits and equivalent courses at this university
Check out the courses that students have successfully transferred back in the last 3 years. If you don't see a course you need listed, it simply means you need to submit the course to be evaluated through the Transfer Credit Portal while on exchange.
* Areas of study at partner universities are subject to change. This list is to be used as a general guideline and is not exhaustive; research the partners' websites for additional course information.
- 15 credits or equivalent full-time program fee per term, paid to UBC
- Some exceptions may apply
Scholarships + awards
The Go Global award $1000
All students accepted to Go Global for Exchange, Research Abroad, or Study Abroad programs are automatically considered for this award. If you meet the eligibility criteria, you'll be notified of your award after you're accepted to Go Global and after you get nominated to apply to the partner university.
Students who are eligible for awards may receive one UBC or UBC-affiliated international learning award. If you're eligible, you are always offered the highest-value award. Unless stated otherwise, you need to meet eligibility criteria set out by the University Senate regarding awards.
Information for US students
If you are a student from the United States, please check the US Department of Education Lookup Tool to ensure that any partner institution you wish to attend on Exchange is Title IV ‘eligible’ forFederal Student Aid for the year in which you intend to study there. For institutions outside of the US, select “Foreign Country” from the “State” dropdown menu.
If you attend an eligible institution, then you may receive Title IV federal student loans while on Exchange.
If you attend an ineligible institution:
- You will not be eligible for US federal student loans,
- You may invalidate any US student aid you have previously received for your studies at UBC,
- You may be required to immediately begin repaying your US student loans, and
- You may not be eligible for any future US student aid for the remainder of your studies at UBC.
Types of accommodation available
- Student residence halls are available on a "first come, first serve" basis and cannot be guaranteed
- The rooms are double, with shared bathroom and shared kitchen
- The university also provides details about other housing options, see the link below