Now that you’ve been nominated by Go Global to go on exchange, it's up to you to maximize your learning opportunities. There are some critical steps for you to complete. Remember that you are the agent of your own experience.
After you are nominated by Go Global
Step 1. Apply to your host university
After you have been selected by Go Global for exchange, you must apply for admission to your host university.
- Prepare your transcript
- Gather supporting documents
- Start your application
Step 2. Plan your travel
You are responsible for planning your trip and accommodation for exchange.
- Apply for relevant visas or permits for the host country
- Find housing
- Learn about Safety abroad requirements
Step 3. Register for courses
You'll need to consider course registration for your host university as well as for when you return to UBC.
- Know what to expect for course registration at your host univeristy
- Learn about UBC registration and tuition while abroad
Step 4. Consider your finances
It's important to plan ahead for your travels. UBC offers options for you to fund your experience.
- Understand the Go Global Fee and Withdrawal Policy
- Browse scholarships available to you
- Learn about student loans for exchange
If you still have questions
Go Global Vancouver
Go Global's campus office is closed until further notice. At this time, you can contact Go Global by email, phone or virtually through Zoom.
If you need to book an advising appointment, please complete the online request form. Appointments will be held through Zoom or by phone.
Monday: 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Tuesday: 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Thursday: 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm