Search and narrow down to 3 university partners you would like to attend
Apply to Go Global with your 3 choices by the deadlines below
If you are accepted to Go Global, you’ll get an email (6-8 weeks after the deadline) notifying you which university you have been matched to and the next steps.
Over the following weeks and months you will submit an application directly to your host university.
How to apply: Exchange
Application overview - 3 steps
You might need to come in for a short interview (15 to 20 minutes) if you chose a high-demand unversity. Demand is determined once Go Global's received all the applications. You'll be emailed shortly after the application date if you're required to have an interview.
Deadlines for Exchange in 2020-21
The applicaiton period will open in early October 2019.
- December 17, 2019: Main exchange deadline for all exchange partners (Term 1, Term 2 and Full Year/Split Year)
- May 7, 2020: Second round deadline for remaining spots at select partner universities (Term 2 exchanges only)
Applications are only reviewed after the deadline
Starting an online application
Students can start an online application and follow the steps through "Gateway", our online application program. In Gateway, you'll be asked to submit a list of supporting documents. If you've already started an application through Gateway, you can resume your application from where you left off at any time.
Complete and submit supporting documents by the application deadline. Refer to the section below regarding supporting documents.
The Go Global fee ($415.00), required for all applicants, will be posted to your tuition account 1-3 weeks after the application deadline has passed.
Start an online application
Supporting documents for your exchange application
|Required for||Supporting document|
|All students *save this form on your computer to complete it. Save it and upload it as part of your exchange application on Gateway.|
|Students in first-year, or transfer programs (if participating in any full-year courses)|
|Students doing coursework in any Chinese dialect for UBC CHIN transfer credit||Online Chinese placement exam|
Tips and tools: Applying for exchange
- Check to see if you’re eligible to go.
- Can I afford it? How to budget for exchange, research, and study abroad.
- Visit our Resource Library to browse our collection of international student handbooks, course catalogues and departmental overviews.
- See what credits have been transferred back to UBC in the "Courses + Transfer credits" section of the individual partner page.
- Talk to your faculty advisor about your degree requirements
- Use the study plan tool to map out the courses you need for graduation and how exchange fits into that (exchange and study abroad).
Paying the Go Global Fee
The Go Global Fee ($415.00) is an administrative fee required for all applicants to all Go Global programs*. The fee will be posted to your SSC tuition account 1 -3 weeks following the application deadline and will be due approximately 2 weeks later. You will be notified of the due date by email once the fee is posted.
Please see the Enrolment Service’s page on making payments to your tuition account.
*Students can only be considered for one large International Learning Award e.g. ARA funded Global Seminars, Undergraduate Research Conference
Go Global Fee Adjustment Policy
The Go Global Fee (of $415.00) is an administrative fee required for all applicants to Go Global programs. The fee is non-refundable. However it may be adjusted under the following circumstances:
You are eligible to have your Go Global fee adjusted from $415.00 to $93.25 (i.e. reduced by $321.75) if:
- You have applied to Go Global but do not meet our minimum eligibility requirements
- Go Global cannot match you to a partner university
- The partner university does not accept your application and Go Global cannot find another option
To withdraw from your Go Global exchange or summer abroad program, you must contact Go Global by email to request withdrawal. You will then be asked to complete a short withdrawal form.
Students who withdraw from Go Global by the relevant deadline below, will have their Go Global fee adjusted from $415.00 to $321.75 (i.e. reduced by $93.25).
- March 30: For summer programs
- June 30: For UBC Term 1 and Full Year exchange
- September 30: For UBC Term 2 and Split Year exchange
Please consult with your Go Global advisor if you have any questions.
Drop-in advising hours (UBC Vancouver)
Monday: 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Tuesday: 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Thursday: 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
You might not need to see an advisor. General questions about the Go Global Exchange process can be answered at the Go Global Main Office at the UBC Life Building (Vancouver) or by emailing email@example.com.