Beijing Forestry University

City: Beijing
Language of instruction: Chinese, English
  • Located in the Haidian district of Beijing
  • known as a key national university of China
  • BFU was established as a consolidated university in 1952, with forestry, biology and forestry engineering as its leading disciplines. BFU also offers courses in various fields such as sciences, engineering, management, economics, liberal arts, law, and philosophy

Read student reports

Partner university's areas of study

ForestryLand and Food Systems


Terms offered

Term 1Term 2Full year Term 1 + 2 (UBC Term 1 start)Summer

Who can go?

Only UBCV Forestry undergraduate or graduate students are eligible to apply to this partner university.

Term dates

BFU Fall Term: September to January

BFU Spring Term: March to July 

Summer program

Not offered at this time

Courses + Transfer Credits


Course equivalency formula

<p>30 UBC credits = 40.5 BFU credits</p>

Passing grade


Credit transfer process

The transfer credit process takes approximately 16 weeks following each submission deadline. You should allow sufficient time to meet important deadlines that may affect you (e.g. application for graduation, registration in courses that require prerequisites that you took on exchange, entry to a major/honours program, etc.)

For more information about Go Global transfer credit

Course Information

* Students who have special requirements or require academic accommodation should contact a Go Global advisor regarding their needs at least six weeks prior to the application deadline.

Type of Go Global Experiences

Exchange (pay UBC tuition)

Partner Course Information

Transfer credits and equivalent courses at this university

Check out the courses that students have successfully transferred back in the last 3 years. If you don't see a course you need listed, it simply means you need to submit the course to be evaluated through the Transfer Credit Portal while on exchange.

* Areas of study at partner universities are subject to change. This list is to be used as a general guideline and is not exhaustive; research the partners' websites for additional course information.

No courses found.
Tuition, Fees and Awards

Exchange tuition

15 credits or equivalent full-time program fee per term, paid to UBC. Summer students attend through our exchange agreement and pay tution to UBC. Your tuition will be based on the number of credits earned at the partner institution.

Scholarships + awards

There is a new scholarship available through the Chinese Government, in collaboration with the Ministry of Education, for eligible BC students to study abroad. The purpose of the scholarships is to strengthen mutual understanding and friendship between the Chinese people and people from the whole world, and to develop cooperation and exchange in the fields of education, science, culture, economy and trade between China and other countries.

Eligibility criteria, application forms and procedures and further information about the Chinese Government Scholarship are contained here.

The Go Global award $1000

All students accepted to Go Global for Exchange, Research Abroad, or Study Abroad programs are automatically considered for this award. If you meet the eligibility criteria, you'll be notified of your award after you're accepted to Go Global and after you get nominated to apply to the partner university.

Additional awards

Students who are eligible for awards may receive one UBC or UBC-affiliated international learning award. If you're eligible, you are always offered the highest-value award. Unless stated otherwise, you need to meet eligibility criteria set out by the University Senate regarding awards.

Check out international learning awards and eligibility.

Information for US students

If you are a student from the United States, please check the US Department of Education Lookup Tool to ensure that any partner institution you wish to attend on Exchange is Title IV ‘eligible’ for Federal Student Aid for the year in which you intend to study there. For institutions outside of the US, select “Foreign Country” from the “State” dropdown menu.

If you attend an eligible institution, then you may receive Title IV federal student loans while on Exchange.

If you attend an ineligible institution:

  • You will not be eligible for US federal student loans,
  • You may invalidate any US student aid you have previously received for your studies at UBC,
  • You may be required to immediately begin repaying your US student loans, and
  • You may not be eligible for any future US student aid for the remainder of your studies at UBC.

Additional fees

Some partner fees may apply.


Types of accommodation available


Housing notes

  • Exchange students offered double room including bathroom, shower, TV, telephone, refrigerator, air conditioner, wardrobe, desk, and the network facilities. (No cooking is allowed in the room) 
  • The electric bill will be paid by the students themselves.
  • tudents can also choose to live off campus, in which case they must register in the local police station.

Information on Accommodation

How to applyBack to UBCO