The transfer credit process takes approximately 16 weeks following each submission deadline. You should allow sufficient time to meet important deadlines that may affect you (e.g. application for graduation, registration in courses that require prerequisites that you took on exchange, entry to a major/honours program, etc.)
- Ranked 5 stars for world-class facilities, research and teaching. as well as employability, innovation and inclusiveness
- 50 000+ students (27 700 undergraduates)
- 5 campuses (including an online Cloud Campus), 4 research institutes and 13 strategic rsearch centres
- Students interested in Marine Biology can undertake hands-on experiences in natural marine environments on the Victorian coast
- Deakin Beach Welcome Program includes surfing leassons, hiking through temperate rainforst, yoga and beach games while you connect with your new Deakin community
Partner university's areas of study
Notes on Language of Instruction
- English is the primary language of instruction
ELIGIBILITY AND TIMING
Who can go?
- You need a minimum cumulative average of 70% to attend this partnership
- First Trimester: Early March to Mid June (coresponds to UBC term 2)
- Second Trimester: Early July to Mid October (coresponds to UBC term 1)
Course equivalency formula
- 1 unit credit = 3.75 UBC Credits
Passing gradeP, 50%
- Please refer to Deakin's grading scheme
Credit transfer process
* Students who have special requirements or require academic accommodation should contact a Go Global advisor regarding their needs at least six weeks prior to the application deadline.
Type of Go Global Experiences
Course information and restrictions
- Students must complete all of their studies at Deakin on their campus of choice
- Students who take 4 units while at Deakin can complete one of them through Deakin's online Cloud system
Full course load information
- 3 to 4 units per trimester
Transfer credits and equivalent courses at this university
Check out the courses that students have successfully transferred back in the last 3 years. If you don't see a course you need listed, it simply means you need to submit the course to be evaluated through the Transfer Credit Portal while on exchange.
* Areas of study at partner universities are subject to change. This list is to be used as a general guideline and is not exhaustive; research the partners' websites for additional course information.
- 15 credits or equivalent full-time program fee per term, paid to UBC
Scholarships + awards
The Go Global award $1000
All students accepted to Go Global for Exchange, Research Abroad, or Study Abroad programs are automatically considered for this award. If you meet the eligibility criteria, you'll be notified of your award after you're accepted to Go Global and after you get nominated to apply to the partner university.
Students who are eligible for awards may receive one UBC or UBC-affiliated international learning award. If you're eligible, you are always offered the highest-value award. Unless stated otherwise, you need to meet eligibility criteria set out by the University Senate regarding awards.
Information for US students
If you are a student from the United States, please check the US Department of Education Lookup Tool to ensure that any partner institution you wish to attend on Exchange is Title IV ‘eligible’ for Federal Student Aid for the year in which you intend to study there. For institutions outside of the US, select “Foreign Country” from the “State” dropdown menu.
If you attend an eligible institution, then you may receive Title IV federal student loans while on Exchange.
If you attend an ineligible institution:
- You will not be eligible for US federal student loans,
- You may invalidate any US student aid you have previously received for your studies at UBC,
- You may be required to immediately begin repaying your US student loans, and
- You may not be eligible for any future US student aid for the remainder of your studies at UBC.
Types of accommodation available
- As a Study Abroad and Exchange student, you have the option of applying to any on-campus residences, enjoy a homestay experience, or receive assisted off-campus accommodation upon arrival