Imperial College London - Engineering

City: London
Language of instruction: English
  • A globally positioned science-based university with a reputation for excellence
  • Specializing in science, engineering, medicine and business
  • 11,500+ students (10 000 undergraduates) and 6,000 staff of the highest international quality
  • Owns and manages over thirty halls of residence in Central London, Ealing, Ascot and Wye
  • 6 campuses in London - a vibrant, cosmopolitan, and welcoming city
  • Main site at South Kensington is in the heart of London, near to museums, galleries and famous sites of interest

Introduction to ICL

Read student reports

Partner university's areas of study



Terms offered

Full year Term 1 + 2 (UBC Term 1 start)Summer

Who can go?

The only students who are eligible to apply to this partner university are:

  • Students in the Faculty of Science taking Earth and Ocean Sciences
  • Students in the Faculty of Applied Science taking Metals and Materials (Not for Civil or Mechanical Engineering)

Term dates

  • Semester 1: Early October - Late December
  • Semester 2: Early January - Late March


  • Full year only exchanges
Courses + Transfer Credits


Course equivalency formula

  • ECTS credits divided by 2 = UBC credits

Credit transfer process

The transfer credit process takes approximately 16 weeks following each submission deadline. You should allow sufficient time to meet important deadlines that may affect you (e.g. application for graduation, registration in courses that require prerequisites that you took on exchange, entry to a major/honours program, etc.)

For more information about Go Global transfer credit

Course Information

* Students who have special requirements or require academic accommodation should contact a Go Global advisor regarding their needs at least six weeks prior to the application deadline.

Type of Go Global Experiences

Exchange (pay UBC tuition)Graduate researchUndergrad research

Course information and restrictions

  • 60% of the coursework you take at Imperial MUST be from within the Faculty that is accepting you as an exchange student

Search for courses at this institution

Transfer credits and equivalent courses at this university

Check out the courses that students have successfully transferred back in the last 3 years. If you don't see a course you need listed, it simply means you need to submit the course to be evaluated through the Transfer Credit Portal while on exchange.

* Areas of study at partner universities are subject to change. This list is to be used as a general guideline and is not exhaustive; research the partners' websites for additional course information.

UBC Vancouver

UBC course: GEOB 2nd
Title: Geomorphology
Partner course code: ESE 5.26
Language of instruction: English
Evaluated date: 2016-09-16
Tuition, Fees and Awards

Exchange tuition

  • 15 credits or equivalent full-time program fee per term, paid to UBC
  • Some exceptions may apply

Scholarships + awards

The Go Global award $1000

All students accepted to Go Global for Exchange, Research Abroad, or Study Abroad programs are automatically considered for this award. If you meet the eligibility criteria, you'll be notified of your award after you're accepted to Go Global and after you get nominated to apply to the partner university.

Additional awards

Students who are eligible for awards may receive one UBC or UBC-affiliated international learning award. If you're eligible, you are always offered the highest-value award. Unless stated otherwise, you need to meet eligibility criteria set out by the University Senate regarding awards.

Check out international learning awards and eligibility.

Information for US students

If you are a student from the United States, please check the US Department of Education Lookup Tool to ensure that any partner institution you wish to attend on Exchange is Title IV ‘eligible’ for Federal Student Aid for the year in which you intend to study there. For institutions outside of the US, select “Foreign Country” from the “State” dropdown menu.

If you attend an eligible institution, then you may receive Title IV federal student loans while on Exchange.

If you attend an ineligible institution:

  • You will not be eligible for US federal student loans,
  • You may invalidate any US student aid you have previously received for your studies at UBC,
  • You may be required to immediately begin repaying your US student loans, and
  • You may not be eligible for any future US student aid for the remainder of your studies at UBC.

Types of accommodation available


Housing notes

  • Exchange students attending for a full year are guaranteed accommodation provided students apply in time
  • Halls of residences are self-catering
  • Majority of the accommodation located within a reasonable walking distance of the South Kensington Campus

Information on accommodation

How to applyBack to UBCO