The transfer credit process takes approximately 16 weeks following each submission deadline. You should allow sufficient time to meet important deadlines that may affect you (e.g. application for graduation, registration in courses that require prerequisites that you took on exchange, entry to a major/honours program, etc.)
Loughborough University- Kinesiology
- International reputation for excellence in teaching and research
- Strong links with industry
- Unrivalled reputation for sport
- 17 000+ students (13 200 undergraduates) and staff from 100+ different countries
- Exciting campus atmosphere and a strong sense of community
- Renowned student experience through the award winning Students’ Union, sports clubs, societies, and community spirit
- Located in Charnwood, the largest town in the Leicestershire county
- Conveniently located nearby the cities of Nottingham, Leicester, and Derby
Partner university's areas of study
ELIGIBILITY AND TIMING
Who can go?
- Only students in the School of Kinesiology, Faculty of Education
- Full year: Early October to Mid June
- Term 2 only: Early February to Mid June
Course equivalency formula
- 60 Loughborough credits = 15 UBC Credits
- Loughborough University uses their own credit system as well as the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS)
- Loughborough credits divided by 2 = ECTS credits, ECTS credits divided by 2 = UBC Credits
Credit transfer process
* Students who have special requirements or require academic accommodation should contact a Go Global advisor regarding their needs at least six weeks prior to the application deadline.
Type of Go Global Experiences
Course information and restrictions
- Students from the School of Kinesiology, Faculty of Education at UBC will be able to participate in coursework offered through the School of Sport, Exercise, and Health Science at Loughborough University
Transfer credits and equivalent courses at this university
Check out the courses that students have successfully transferred back in the last 3 years. If you don't see a course you need listed, it simply means you need to submit the course to be evaluated through the Transfer Credit Portal while on exchange.
* Areas of study at partner universities are subject to change. This list is to be used as a general guideline and is not exhaustive; research the partners' websites for additional course information.
Scholarships + awards
The Go Global award $1000
All students accepted to Go Global for Exchange, Research Abroad, or Study Abroad programs are automatically considered for this award. If you meet the eligibility criteria, you'll be notified of your award after you're accepted to Go Global and after you get nominated to apply to the partner university.
Students who are eligible for awards may receive one UBC or UBC-affiliated international learning award. If you're eligible, you are always offered the highest-value award. Unless stated otherwise, you need to meet eligibility criteria set out by the University Senate regarding awards.
Information for US students
If you are a student from the United States, please check the US Department of Education Lookup Tool to ensure that any partner institution you wish to attend on Exchange is Title IV ‘eligible’ for Federal Student Aid for the year in which you intend to study there. For institutions outside of the US, select “Foreign Country” from the “State” dropdown menu.
If you attend an eligible institution, then you may receive Title IV federal student loans while on Exchange.
If you attend an ineligible institution:
- You will not be eligible for US federal student loans,
- You may invalidate any US student aid you have previously received for your studies at UBC,
- You may be required to immediately begin repaying your US student loans, and
- You may not be eligible for any future US student aid for the remainder of your studies at UBC.
Types of accommodation available
- For students coming to Loughborough in September for one Semester, there will be limited self catered accommodation in single and shared bedrooms, and catered accommodation in single bedrooms in the Halls of Residence
- For students coming to Loughborough in February for one Semester, there will be accommodation available in both catered and self-catered Halls of Residence