The transfer credit process takes approximately 16 weeks following each submission deadline. You should allow sufficient time to meet important deadlines that may affect you (e.g. application for graduation, registration in courses that require prerequisites that you took on exchange, entry to a major/honours program, etc.)
Prague University of Economics and Business
- Located in Prague- the political, cultural, and economic center of the Czech state for over 1100 years
- 20,000 students
- Most prestigious institution in the Czech Republic for economics and business education
- 5 faculties located in the center of Prague – Finance and Accounting, International Relations, Business Administration, Informatics and Statistics and Economics
- Faculty of Management located in the town of Jindřichův Hradec
Partner university's areas of study
Notes on Language of Instruction
- All courses taught in English
ELIGIBILITY AND TIMING
Who can go?
- Open to COMM (UBCV) only
- Fall semester: Mid September to late December
- Spring semester: Early February to late June
- Orientation Week occurs at the beginning of both semesters
Course equivalency formula
- ECTS credits divided by 2 = UBC credits
Passing grade3 (Good)
- 1 (Excellent), 100-190
- 2 (Very good), 75-89
- 3 (Good), 60-74
- 4+ (Fail with the possibility of repeated attempt), 50-59
- 4 (Fail), 49 or less
Credit transfer process
* Students who have special requirements or require academic accommodation should contact a Go Global advisor regarding their needs at least six weeks prior to the application deadline.
Type of Go Global Experiences
Course information and restrictions
- Limited course availability in social sciences
- When researching courses, ensure they are available in the semester for which you are applying
Full course load information
- Minimum: 15 ECTS. Recommended: 30 ECTS
Transfer credits and equivalent courses at this university
Check out the courses that students have successfully transferred back in the last 3 years. If you don't see a course you need listed, it simply means you need to submit the course to be evaluated through the Transfer Credit Portal while on exchange.
* Areas of study at partner universities are subject to change. This list is to be used as a general guideline and is not exhaustive; research the partners' websites for additional course information.
- 15 credits or equivalent full-time program fee per term, paid to UBC
- Some exceptions may apply
Scholarships + awards
The Go Global award $1000
All students accepted to Go Global for Exchange, Research Abroad, or Study Abroad programs are automatically considered for this award. If you meet the eligibility criteria, you'll be notified of your award after you're accepted to Go Global and after you get nominated to apply to the partner university.
Students who are eligible for awards may receive one UBC or UBC-affiliated international learning award. If you're eligible, you are always offered the highest-value award. Unless stated otherwise, you need to meet eligibility criteria set out by the University Senate regarding awards.
Information for US students
If you are a student from the United States, please check the US Department of Education Lookup Tool to ensure that any partner institution you wish to attend on Exchange is Title IV ‘eligible’ for Federal Student Aid for the year in which you intend to study there. For institutions outside of the US, select “Foreign Country” from the “State” dropdown menu.
If you attend an eligible institution, then you may receive Title IV federal student loans while on Exchange.
If you attend an ineligible institution:
- You will not be eligible for US federal student loans,
- You may invalidate any US student aid you have previously received for your studies at UBC,
- You may be required to immediately begin repaying your US student loans, and
- You may not be eligible for any future US student aid for the remainder of your studies at UBC.
Types of accommodation available
- Students can apply for accommodation in the university dormitory, located 20 minutes from the university and city center by train
- Due to capacity limits, it is not possible to get a single room