Radboud University

City: Nijmegen
Language of instruction: Dutch, English
  • Founded in 1923
  • Best traditional, general university in the Netherlands in 2019
  • Offers classes over 200 courses in English in management, law, social and natural sciences
  • Noted for its green campus, often listed among the most attractive in the Netherlands
  • Located in Nijmegen, a city situated on the border with Germany and the oldest city in the Netherlands

Read student reports

Partner university's areas of study



Terms offered

Term 1Term 2Full year Term 1 + 2 (UBC Term 1 start)

Who can go?

  • Only Science students are eligible to apply to this partner university

Term dates

  • Semester 1: Early September to late January
  • Semester 2: Early February to mid July


Term 1: September to late January

Term 2: Early February to mid-July

Students attending in Term 1 cannot return to UBC for Term 2.

Courses + Transfer Credits


Course equivalency formula

2 EC = 1 UBC Credit

Grading scheme

The grading system is on a scale of 1 to 10 (6-10 = passed), whereas a 9 or 10 are seldom given.

Credit transfer process

The transfer credit process takes approximately 16 weeks following each submission deadline. You should allow sufficient time to meet important deadlines that may affect you (e.g. application for graduation, registration in courses that require prerequisites that you took on exchange, entry to a major/honours program, etc.)

For more information about Go Global transfer credit

Course Information

* Students who have special requirements or require academic accommodation should contact a Go Global advisor regarding their needs at least six weeks prior to the application deadline.

Type of Go Global Experiences

Exchange (pay UBC tuition)

Course information and restrictions

UBC students may study in Radboud's Faculty of Science.

Full course load information

30 EC = 15 UBC Credits

Science Exchange

Transfer credits and equivalent courses at this university

Check out the courses that students have successfully transferred back in the last 3 years. If you don't see a course you need listed, it simply means you need to submit the course to be evaluated through the Transfer Credit Portal while on exchange.

* Areas of study at partner universities are subject to change. This list is to be used as a general guideline and is not exhaustive; research the partners' websites for additional course information.

No courses found.
Tuition, Fees and Awards

Scholarships + awards

The Go Global award $1000

All students accepted to Go Global for Exchange, Research Abroad, or Study Abroad programs are automatically considered for this award. If you meet the eligibility criteria, you'll be notified of your award after you're accepted to Go Global and after you get nominated to apply to the partner university.

Additional awards

Students who are eligible for awards may receive one UBC or UBC-affiliated international learning award. If you're eligible, you are always offered the highest-value award. Unless stated otherwise, you need to meet eligibility criteria set out by the University Senate regarding awards.

Check out international learning awards and eligibility.

Information for US students

If you are a student from the United States, please check the US Department of Education Lookup Tool to ensure that any partner institution you wish to attend on Exchange is Title IV ‘eligible’ for Federal Student Aid for the year in which you intend to study there. For institutions outside of the US, select “Foreign Country” from the “State” dropdown menu.

If you attend an eligible institution, then you may receive Title IV federal student loans while on Exchange.

If you attend an ineligible institution:

  • You will not be eligible for US federal student loans,
  • You may invalidate any US student aid you have previously received for your studies at UBC,
  • You may be required to immediately begin repaying your US student loans, and
  • You may not be eligible for any future US student aid for the remainder of your studies at UBC.

Types of accommodation available


Housing notes

Radboud University International Office offers support in finding student housing.

Radboud Housing Office

How to applyBack to UBCO