The transfer credit process takes approximately 16 weeks following each submission deadline. You should allow sufficient time to meet important deadlines that may affect you (e.g. application for graduation, registration in courses that require prerequisites that you took on exchange, entry to a major/honours program, etc.)
Singapore University of Technology and Design
SIngpore University of Technology and Design has an education collaobration with the Massachusettes Institute of Technology (MIT), students at this partner institution will be able to:
- Have the opportunity to participate in a technically-structured and design-centric program
- Choose various courses under a curriculum developed 90% by MIT
- Dedicate time to purse other interests by joining over 100 Student Organizations
** Find more details about Student Organizations at SUTD here **
- Study in Singapore, a food paradise and gateway to Southeast Asia
Partner university's areas of study
ELIGIBILITY AND TIMING
Who can go?
- Only students in the Faculty of Applied Science (UBCV) and Faculty of Arts (UBCV) are eligible to apply to this partner institution
- Fall Term: Early September to Mid-December
- Spring Term: End of January to End of April
- Summer Term: Mid-May to Mid-August
For a more detailed calendar, please visit here
Course equivalency formula
SUTD credits divided by 3 = UBC credits
SUTD uses a 5-point grading system as follow:
Letter Grade Grade Point
Credit transfer process
* Students who have special requirements or require academic accommodation should contact a Go Global advisor regarding their needs at least six weeks prior to the application deadline.
Type of Go Global Experiences
Course information and restrictions
- Exchange students must choose at least 50% of courses from withthin ONE of the pilars of study
- Exchange students may also study in the Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences (HASS) cluster
- Course in the Architecture and Sustainable Design pi;ar are not available to exchange students
Full course load information
Exchange students are required to take a minimum of 24 subject credits (SCs) or a maximum of 48 subject credits (SCs) during the term
Transfer credits and equivalent courses at this university
Check out the courses that students have successfully transferred back in the last 3 years. If you don't see a course you need listed, it simply means you need to submit the course to be evaluated through the Transfer Credit Portal while on exchange.
* Areas of study at partner universities are subject to change. This list is to be used as a general guideline and is not exhaustive; research the partners' websites for additional course information.
No courses found.
Students will pay15 credits of UBC tution per term that they are on exchange at SUTD
Scholarships + awards
The Go Global award $1000
All students accepted to Go Global for Exchange, Research Abroad, or Study Abroad programs are automatically considered for this award. If you meet the eligibility criteria, you'll be notified of your award after you're accepted to Go Global and after you get nominated to apply to the partner university.
Students who are eligible for awards may receive one UBC or UBC-affiliated international learning award. If you're eligible, you are always offered the highest-value award. Unless stated otherwise, you need to meet eligibility criteria set out by the University Senate regarding awards.
Information for US students
If you are a student from the United States, please check the US Department of Education Lookup Tool to ensure that any partner institution you wish to attend on Exchange is Title IV ‘eligible’ for Federal Student Aid for the year in which you intend to study there. For institutions outside of the US, select “Foreign Country” from the “State” dropdown menu.
If you attend an eligible institution, then you may receive Title IV federal student loans while on Exchange.
If you attend an ineligible institution:
- You will not be eligible for US federal student loans,
- You may invalidate any US student aid you have previously received for your studies at UBC,
- You may be required to immediately begin repaying your US student loans, and
- You may not be eligible for any future US student aid for the remainder of your studies at UBC.
When the Offer of Exchange is accepted, compuslory Miscellaneous Fees will vary from the following (To be paid directly to SUTD) :
- Student Activities and Services
- Health & Insurance
- Academic Related
- Sport Faciliites
- Cost of Living (Accomodation, transportation, meals, etc.)
Types of accommodation available
On-Campus Accomodation: SUTD Hostel 6
- Please note that housing spaces at SUTD Hostel are LIMITED and subject to availability. Application for SUTD Hostel will be made through SUTD Housing Portal. SUTD will inform you on the procedures via email when the portal is open for application.
- Based on number of applicants, Students will be offer the following rooms:
- Single Room (non-ensuite), share common area/ facilities
- Single Room (ensuite), share common area/ facilities
- One Bedroom Unit
Off- Campus Accomdation
- It is highly advisable for exchange students to source for off-campus accomodation due to the limited spaces for On-campus accommodation