The transfer credit process takes approximately 16 weeks following each submission deadline. You should allow sufficient time to meet important deadlines that may affect you (e.g. application for graduation, registration in courses that require prerequisites that you took on exchange, entry to a major/honours program, etc.)
Universidad de Chile
- Founded in 1842
- Approximately 20 000 undergraduate students
- 13 faculties, three Interdisciplinary Institutes, and three National Centers
- Over 12 00 overseas students
- Located in the city Santiago
- One of Latin America's most sophisticated metropolitan areas
- Extensive suburban development and impressive high-rise architecture
Partner university's areas of study
Notes on Language of Instruction
- The equivalent of 6 semesters of Spanish courses or DELE B1 from Cervantes Institute required to take courses in Spanish
ELIGIBILITY AND TIMING
Who can go?
- Exchange students can take coursework in most areas of study
- Semester 1: Early March to Mid July (UBC Term 2)
- Semester 2: July to Mid December (UBC Term 1)
- On your Go Global application, please select the term that corresponds with UBC dates
Course equivalency formula
- UC credits x 3/10 = UBC credits
Passing grade4, 60, or C
- 4, 60, or C is minimum passing grade
Credit transfer process
* Students who have special requirements or require academic accommodation should contact a Go Global advisor regarding their needs at least six weeks prior to the application deadline.
Type of Go Global Experiences
Course information and restrictions
English taught course work is not available at this institution.
Full course load information
- 4 courses
Transfer credits and equivalent courses at this university
Check out the courses that students have successfully transferred back in the last 3 years. If you don't see a course you need listed, it simply means you need to submit the course to be evaluated through the Transfer Credit Portal while on exchange.
* Areas of study at partner universities are subject to change. This list is to be used as a general guideline and is not exhaustive; research the partners' websites for additional course information.
- 15 credits or equivalent full-time program fee per term, paid to UBC
- Your tuition will be based on the number of credits earned at the partner institution
Scholarships + awards
The Go Global award $1000
All students accepted to Go Global for Exchange, Research Abroad, or Study Abroad programs are automatically considered for this award. If you meet the eligibility criteria, you'll be notified of your award after you're accepted to Go Global and after you get nominated to apply to the partner university.
Students who are eligible for awards may receive one UBC or UBC-affiliated international learning award. If you're eligible, you are always offered the highest-value award. Unless stated otherwise, you need to meet eligibility criteria set out by the University Senate regarding awards.
Information for US students
If you are a student from the United States, please check the US Department of Education Lookup Tool to ensure that any partner institution you wish to attend on Exchange is Title IV ‘eligible’ for Federal Student Aid for the year in which you intend to study there. For institutions outside of the US, select “Foreign Country” from the “State” dropdown menu.
If you attend an eligible institution, then you may receive Title IV federal student loans while on Exchange.
If you attend an ineligible institution:
- You will not be eligible for US federal student loans,
- You may invalidate any US student aid you have previously received for your studies at UBC,
- You may be required to immediately begin repaying your US student loans, and
- You may not be eligible for any future US student aid for the remainder of your studies at UBC.
- Some partner fees may apply
Types of accommodation available
- The Universidad de Chile has no dormitories or housing facilities for visiting students
- The Student Mobility Program offers information for lodging at private homes
- The average monthly cost for lodging and meals is around USD $600.00