The transfer credit process takes approximately 16 weeks following each submission deadline. You should allow sufficient time to meet important deadlines that may affect you (e.g. application for graduation, registration in courses that require prerequisites that you took on exchange, entry to a major/honours program, etc.)
University of Exeter
Formed in 1955, the University of Exeter (UE) is known for its world-class research and excellent student satisfaction through its three campuses: two in Exeter (Streatham and St. Luke's campuses) and the third in Cornwall (Penryn). As a member of the Russell Group of leading research-intensive universities, UE strives to become a Global 100 research leader and create graduates of distinction. UE was voted the Sunday Times University of the Year 2012/2013 and ranks consistently among the top 10 universities in the UK. There are over 18 900 undergraduate students attending UE.
Partner university's areas of study
ELIGIBILITY AND TIMING
Who can go?
- Students must have a cumulative average of at least 70% to attend this partnership
Semester 1: Late September - Mid January
Semester 2: Mid January - Mid June
Students must have a cumulative average of at least 70% to attend this partnership.
- Alternative assessments may be offered to semester one students if your home university’s academic calendar clashes with Exeter’s and you must return for classes
- Exeter’s Psychology department will not offer alternative assessment – semester one students must be present for the January exams.
Course equivalency formula
Exeter credits divided by 4 = UBC credits
Passing gradePass = 40
Credit transfer process
* Students who have special requirements or require academic accommodation should contact a Go Global advisor regarding their needs at least six weeks prior to the application deadline.
Type of Go Global Experiences
Course information and restrictions
Students are not able to complete studies at Exeter in the following:
- Graduate School of Education
- University of Exeter Medical School programmes
- Modules in some departments can be competitive, general information is proved on the module guidance links on this page: http://www.exeter.ac.uk/international/studyabroad/inbound/moduleselection/
- While Psychology is normally limited, UBC students may complete some studies in this subject. Please speak to your Go Global Advisor for more information.
Human Kinetics at UBC Okanagan:
- HMKN 310 + 311 credit can only be earned for the below courses if ESS2001, ESS3706, and ESS3707 are all taken (HMKN 3rd credit will also be granted)
- To earn HMKN 449 or 499 from either ESS 3302 or 3304, permission must be obtained from the program advisor for HMKN
- It is recommended that students should not take the following courses as they will overlap with 1st/2nd year courses, unless they require the associated credit (see Go Global advisor if any questions):
- ESS2004 Biomechanics I
- ESS2017 Measurement of Physical Activity, Exercise, and Sport
- ESS2222 Motor Control
- ESS2303 Research Methods and Analytical Procedures
- ESS2304 Quantitative Research Methods
Full course load information
60 Exeter credits per semester
120 Exeter credits per academic year
Transfer credits and equivalent courses at this university
Check out the courses that students have successfully transferred back in the last 3 years. If you don't see a course you need listed, it simply means you need to submit the course to be evaluated through the Transfer Credit Portal while on exchange.
* Areas of study at partner universities are subject to change. This list is to be used as a general guideline and is not exhaustive; research the partners' websites for additional course information.
- 15 credits or equivalent full-time program fee per term, paid to UBC
- Some exceptions may apply
Scholarships + awards
The Go Global award $1000
All students accepted to Go Global for Exchange, Research Abroad, or Study Abroad programs are automatically considered for this award. If you meet the eligibility criteria, you'll be notified of your award after you're accepted to Go Global and after you get nominated to apply to the partner university.
Students who are eligible for awards may receive one UBC or UBC-affiliated international learning award. If you're eligible, you are always offered the highest-value award. Unless stated otherwise, you need to meet eligibility criteria set out by the University Senate regarding awards.
Information for US students
If you are a student from the United States, please check the US Department of Education Lookup Tool to ensure that any partner institution you wish to attend on Exchange is Title IV ‘eligible’ for Federal Student Aid for the year in which you intend to study there. For institutions outside of the US, select “Foreign Country” from the “State” dropdown menu.
If you attend an eligible institution, then you may receive Title IV federal student loans while on Exchange.
If you attend an ineligible institution:
- You will not be eligible for US federal student loans,
- You may invalidate any US student aid you have previously received for your studies at UBC,
- You may be required to immediately begin repaying your US student loans, and
- You may not be eligible for any future US student aid for the remainder of your studies at UBC.
Types of accommodation available
Full Year Exchange
- If you are studying for the full academic year starting in September you are guaranteed university-owned or managed accommodation as long as you apply by the deadline.
One Semester at Penryn Campus
- You are guaranteed university-owned housing, usually on campus, if you apply by the deadline.
One Semester at Exeter Campus
- There are limited university-owned rooms for students studying for one semester, the majority will seek accommodation in the private sector. A list of privately-owned or managed houses close to the University can be found by following the Accommodation link on the Study Abroad Inbound webpages.
- Single semester university accommodation is usually more readily available in semester 2 than in semester 1.