University of Exeter- Kinesiology

City: Exeter
Language of instruction: English

Formed in 1955, the University of Exeter (UE) is known for its world-class research and excellent student satisfaction through its three campuses: two in Exeter (Streatham and St. Luke's campuses) and the third in Cornwall (Penryn). As a member of the Russell Group of leading research-intensive universities, UE strives to become a Global 100 research leader and create graduates of distinction. UE was voted the Sunday Times University of the Year 2012/2013 and ranks consistently among the top 10 universities in the UK.

Read student reports

Partner university's areas of study

EducationHealth Sciences


Terms offered

Term 1Term 2Full year Term 1 + 2 (UBC Term 1 start)

Who can go?

This partnership is open to Kinesiology students only.

Students can take courses offered through the Department of Sport and Health Sciences at the University of Exeter.

Term dates

Autumn Term: Late September - Mid December.

Spring Term: Early January - Late March. 


Students must have a cumulative average of at least 70% to attend this partnership.

Courses + Transfer Credits


Course equivalency formula

Exeter credits divided by 4 = UBC credits

Passing grade

Pass = 40

Credit transfer process

The transfer credit process takes approximately 16 weeks following each submission deadline.  You should allow sufficient time to meet important deadlines that may affect you (e.g., application for graduation, registration in courses that require prerequisites that you took on exchange, entry to a major/honours program, etc.)

Information about the transfer credit portal.

Course Information

* Students who have special requirements or require academic accommodation should contact a Go Global advisor regarding their needs at least six weeks prior to the application deadline.

Type of Go Global Experiences

Exchange (pay UBC tuition)

Full course load information

60 Exeter credits per semester
120 Exeter credits per academic year

Partner Course Information

Transfer credits and equivalent courses at this university

Check out the courses that students have successfully transferred back in the last 3 years. If you don't see a course you need listed, it simply means you need to submit the course to be evaluated through the Transfer Credit Portal while on exchange.

* Areas of study at partner universities are subject to change. This list is to be used as a general guideline and is not exhaustive; research the partners' websites for additional course information.

UBC Vancouver

UBC course: KIN 3rd
Title: Pediatric Exercise and Health
Partner course code: SHSM014
Language of instruction: English
Evaluated date: 2018-01-05
UBC course: KIN 3rd
Title: Biomechanical Analysis of Human Movement
Partner course code: ESS3805
Language of instruction: English
Evaluated date: 2018-01-05
UBC course: KIN 489B
Title: Clinical Exercise Prescription
Partner course code: ESS3804
Language of instruction: English
Evaluated date: 2018-01-05
Tuition, Fees and Awards

Scholarships + awards

The Go Global award $1000

All students accepted to Go Global for Exchange, Research Abroad, or Study Abroad programs are automatically considered for this award. If you meet the eligibility criteria, you'll be notified of your award after you're accepted to Go Global and after you get nominated to apply to the partner university.

Additional awards

Students who are eligible for awards may receive one UBC or UBC-affiliated international learning award. If you're eligible, you are always offered the highest-value award. Unless stated otherwise, you need to meet eligibility criteria set out by the University Senate regarding awards.

Check out international learning awards and eligibility.

Information for US students

If you are a student from the United States, please check the US Department of Education Lookup Tool to ensure that any partner institution you wish to attend on Exchange is Title IV ‘eligible’ forFederal Student Aid for the year in which you intend to study there. For institutions outside of the US, select “Foreign Country” from the “State” dropdown menu.

If you attend an eligible institution, then you may receive Title IV federal student loans while on Exchange.

If you attend an ineligible institution:

  • You will not be eligible for US federal student loans,
  • You may invalidate any US student aid you have previously received for your studies at UBC,
  • You may be required to immediately begin repaying your US student loans, and
  • You may not be eligible for any future US student aid for the remainder of your studies at UBC.

Types of accommodation available

How to applyBack to UBCO