The transfer credit process takes approximately 16 weeks following each submission deadline. You should allow sufficient time to meet important deadlines that may affect you (e.g. application for graduation, registration in courses that require prerequisites that you took on exchange, entry to a major/honours program, etc.)
University of Hawaii at Mānoa
- Established in 1907 the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa is the largest and oldest of the 10 UH campuses.
- Mānoa offers hundreds of undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees and a strong, vital research program. UH Mānoa is a research university of international standings.
- It is widely recognised for high quality and groundbreaking education and research in various disciplines. For example, it is considered a global leader in earth and environmental sciences, consistently ranked among the top 15 universities internationally, ahead of some of the world’s most prestigious schools.
- Committed to being the leading indigenous serving university in the country, UH Mānoa proudly delivers a unique multicultural global experience in a Hawaiʻian place of learning, with a long history of adherence to the principles of sustainability and the essence of aloha—truly like nowhere else on earth.
- Hawaiʻi is the healthiest and happiest state in the US and is the second safest
Partner university's areas of study
ELIGIBILITY AND TIMING
Fall semester : August- December
Spring semester: January- May
Summer semester _ Session I: May-June
Sesssion II: July-August
**IMPORTANT** As this is a new partnership for UBC, we will be unable to offer it for Term 1, 2020W session (August- December). The earliest it will be available for exchange is Term 2, 2020W (January - May)
- Work accomplished by students is usually recognized in terms of credit hours, grades, grade points, and grade point averages.
- Student achievement is designated by the following grades: A+, A, A- (excellent), B+, B, B- (above average), C+, C, (average), C-, D+, D, D- (minimal passing), F (failure), CR (credit), NC (no credit), I (incomplete), and L (audit).
- The semester GPA is calculated on any one semester's credits and grade points. The cumulative GPA is calculated on all such work taken at UH Manoa.
Credit transfer process
* Students who have special requirements or require academic accommodation should contact a Go Global advisor regarding their needs at least six weeks prior to the application deadline.
Type of Go Global Experiences
Course information and restrictions
- Undergraduate courses are numbered 100 – 499.
- Refer to the UHM Catalog for brief course descriptions and prerequisite requirements (note that classes listed in the UHM Catalog are not offered every semester). The Class Availability website shows courses being offered in a particular semester and will also indicate any course restrictions, prerequisites, etc.
Full course load information
- The minimum course load for undergraduate students is 12 credits; the maximum is 19 credits.
- The minimum course load for graduate students is 8 credits; the maximum is 16 credits.
- Most courses are 3 credits each.
Transfer credits and equivalent courses at this university
Check out the courses that students have successfully transferred back in the last 3 years. If you don't see a course you need listed, it simply means you need to submit the course to be evaluated through the Transfer Credit Portal while on exchange.
* Areas of study at partner universities are subject to change. This list is to be used as a general guideline and is not exhaustive; research the partners' websites for additional course information.
No courses found.
Scholarships + awards
The Go Global award $1000
All students accepted to Go Global for Exchange, Research Abroad, or Study Abroad programs are automatically considered for this award. If you meet the eligibility criteria, you'll be notified of your award after you're accepted to Go Global and after you get nominated to apply to the partner university.
Students who are eligible for awards may receive one UBC or UBC-affiliated international learning award. If you're eligible, you are always offered the highest-value award. Unless stated otherwise, you need to meet eligibility criteria set out by the University Senate regarding awards.
Information for US students
If you are a student from the United States, please check the US Department of Education Lookup Tool to ensure that any partner institution you wish to attend on Exchange is Title IV ‘eligible’ for Federal Student Aid for the year in which you intend to study there. For institutions outside of the US, select “Foreign Country” from the “State” dropdown menu.
If you attend an eligible institution, then you may receive Title IV federal student loans while on Exchange.
If you attend an ineligible institution:
- You will not be eligible for US federal student loans,
- You may invalidate any US student aid you have previously received for your studies at UBC,
- You may be required to immediately begin repaying your US student loans, and
- You may not be eligible for any future US student aid for the remainder of your studies at UBC.
Types of accommodation available
- On-campus housing is not guaranteed and students often do not receive housing placements until a month or a few weeks before classes begin. If you wish to secure your housing well in advance of your arrival, off-campus housing often is a better option.
- Apply for On-Campus Housing – In order to apply for on-campus housing, you need a UH Number (found on your Acceptance letter). Students may apply for on-campus housing online at UHM Student Housing Services.
- Neighborhoods near the campus which are serviced by TheBus are: University, Manoa, Punahou, Mo‘ili‘ili, McCully, Waikiki, Kapi‘olani, Kapahulu, Kaimuki, St. Louis Heights, Wilhemina Rise, Pololo, Makiki and Ala Moana. Rent prices vary according to the quality of the apartment and location.