University of Leeds

City: Leeds
Language of instruction: English
  • One of the world’s top 100 universities and part of the Russell Group of leading UK universities
  • 23 departments were rated nationally as being in the top 10 in that subject area
  • One of UK's top 10 universities for research
  • Acclaimed worldwide for the quality of its teaching at undergraduate and postgraduate level
  • Strong academic areas include the Arts, Business, Biological Sciences, Engineering, Earth and the Environment, Health including Medicine and Dentistry, Mathematics and Physical Sciences, Performing Arts, and the Social Sciences
  • Leeds is a thriving city surrounded by beautiful countryside
  • Find out what other Exchange students are saying about their experience at Leeds!

Read student reports

Partner university's areas of study

Commerce (UBCV)


Terms offered

Term 1Term 2Full year Term 1 + 2 (UBC Term 1 start)

Who can go?

  • Only Commerce students (UBCV) are eligible to apply to this partner
  • Students must have a minimum 70% cumulative average of above to attend this partnership

Term dates

  • Semester 1: Late September to Mid January
  • Semester 2: Late January to Mid June


  • Term 1 exams at Leeds occur in January - Students who wish to be back at UBC the start of January can apply to do their exams at UBC
  • There is a £50 administration fee (total fee, not per exam) paid to Leeds for this service
  • There may also be a fee required to cover the exam invigilation costs at UBC
  • Alternatively, you may wish to study for a full-year or term 2 only
Courses + Transfer Credits


Course equivalency formula

  • 4 credits = 1 UBC credit

Passing grade

40 - 90/100 (Pass marks - undergraduate modules only)

Credit transfer process

The transfer credit process takes approximately 16 weeks following each submission deadline. You should allow sufficient time to meet important deadlines that may affect you (e.g. application for graduation, registration in courses that require prerequisites that you took on exchange, entry to a major/honours program, etc.)

For more information about Go Global transfer credit

Course Information

* Students who have special requirements or require academic accommodation should contact a Go Global advisor regarding their needs at least six weeks prior to the application deadline.

Type of Go Global Experiences

Exchange (pay UBC tuition)

Course information and restrictions

  • Srudents can take courses across nine faculties at Leeds
  • Students can check which modules are open to visiting Exchange students on the module catalogue by selecting the “Search by incoming Study Abroad” tick box

Full course load information

  • 60 credits per semester/120 credits for the full academic year
  • Students may take 50 credits per semester and still be considered to be a full-time student, but must have this agreed with their home university, and be sure that this does not affect their visa status

Partner Course Information

Transfer credits and equivalent courses at this university

Check out the courses that students have successfully transferred back in the last 3 years. If you don't see a course you need listed, it simply means you need to submit the course to be evaluated through the Transfer Credit Portal while on exchange.

* Areas of study at partner universities are subject to change. This list is to be used as a general guideline and is not exhaustive; research the partners' websites for additional course information.

No courses found.
Tuition, Fees and Awards

Exchange tuition

  • 15 credits or equivalent full-time program fee per term, paid to UBC
  • Some exceptions may apply

Scholarships + awards

The Go Global award $1000

All students accepted to Go Global for Exchange, Research Abroad, or Study Abroad programs are automatically considered for this award. If you meet the eligibility criteria, you'll be notified of your award after you're accepted to Go Global and after you get nominated to apply to the partner university.

Additional awards

Students who are eligible for awards may receive one UBC or UBC-affiliated international learning award. If you're eligible, you are always offered the highest-value award. Unless stated otherwise, you need to meet eligibility criteria set out by the University Senate regarding awards.

Check out international learning awards and eligibility.

Information for US students

If you are a student from the United States, please check the US Department of Education Lookup Tool to ensure that any partner institution you wish to attend on Exchange is Title IV ‘eligible’ for Federal Student Aid for the year in which you intend to study there. For institutions outside of the US, select “Foreign Country” from the “State” dropdown menu.

If you attend an eligible institution, then you may receive Title IV federal student loans while on Exchange.

If you attend an ineligible institution:

  • You will not be eligible for US federal student loans,
  • You may invalidate any US student aid you have previously received for your studies at UBC,
  • You may be required to immediately begin repaying your US student loans, and
  • You may not be eligible for any future US student aid for the remainder of your studies at UBC.

Types of accommodation available


Housing notes

  • Accommodation is guaranteed to all Study Abroad and Exchange students who apply before the deadline
  • Students can choose from dormitories and flats, catered or non-catered, and there is some limited opportunity for home stay
  • Off-Campus Accomodation: Unipol is one of the safest places to start looking, due to its affiliations with the University
  • Click here for off-campus accomodation information

Information on Accommodation

How to applyBack to UBCO