The transfer credit process takes approximately 16 weeks following each submission deadline. You should allow sufficient time to meet important deadlines that may affect you (e.g. application for graduation, registration in courses that require prerequisites that you took on exchange, entry to a major/honours program, etc.)
University of Mannheim
- Semester dates align with those of UBC
- Mannheim is a typical student town filled with affordable restaurants and greenspace
- Ranked #1 in Gernamy for multicultural student environment
- Nearby attractions include the city of Frankfurt and Heidelberg Castle, both easily accessible by train
- One of the few Business schools across the globe to have received "Triple Crown" accreditation from the three largest and most influential accreditation associations
Partner university's areas of study
Notes on Language of Instruction
Wide range of courses offered in English at the undergraduate and graduate levels
ELIGIBILITY AND TIMING
Who can go?
- UBC- Vancouver Commerce (BCOM) students can study in the school of business at Mannheim
- Other UBC students can study in Mannheim's Faculty of Social Sciences, Humanities, or Economics
UBC Term 1: Mannheim Fall Semester: Late August to Late December
UBC Term 2: Mannheim Spring Semester: Early February to mid-June
Course equivalency formula
2 ECTS = 1 UBC credit
- Excellent: 1-1.5
- Very Good: 1.6-2
- Good: 2.1-2.5
- Satisfactory: 2.6-3.5
- Sufficient: 3.6-4
- Non-sufficient/fail: 4.1-5
Credit transfer process
* Students who have special requirements or require academic accommodation should contact a Go Global advisor regarding their needs at least six weeks prior to the application deadline.
Type of Go Global Experiences
Course information and restrictions
- Students must take 50% of their credits in one faculty
Transfer credits and equivalent courses at this university
Check out the courses that students have successfully transferred back in the last 3 years. If you don't see a course you need listed, it simply means you need to submit the course to be evaluated through the Transfer Credit Portal while on exchange.
* Areas of study at partner universities are subject to change. This list is to be used as a general guideline and is not exhaustive; research the partners' websites for additional course information.
Scholarships + awards
The Go Global award $1000
All students accepted to Go Global for Exchange, Research Abroad, or Study Abroad programs are automatically considered for this award. If you meet the eligibility criteria, you'll be notified of your award after you're accepted to Go Global and after you get nominated to apply to the partner university.
Students who are eligible for awards may receive one UBC or UBC-affiliated international learning award. If you're eligible, you are always offered the highest-value award. Unless stated otherwise, you need to meet eligibility criteria set out by the University Senate regarding awards.
Information for US students
If you are a student from the United States, please check the US Department of Education Lookup Tool to ensure that any partner institution you wish to attend on Exchange is Title IV ‘eligible’ for Federal Student Aid for the year in which you intend to study there. For institutions outside of the US, select “Foreign Country” from the “State” dropdown menu.
If you attend an eligible institution, then you may receive Title IV federal student loans while on Exchange.
If you attend an ineligible institution:
- You will not be eligible for US federal student loans,
- You may invalidate any US student aid you have previously received for your studies at UBC,
- You may be required to immediately begin repaying your US student loans, and
- You may not be eligible for any future US student aid for the remainder of your studies at UBC.
Types of accommodation available
- Students can apply for student residences or look for a room on the private market
- University of Mannheim offers a very limited number of places in off-campus student residences
- After being accepted by the University of Mannheim, the student will receive the link and personal password for the online portal myUniMA, along with detailed information about the residences