University of Padova

City: Padua
Language of instruction: English, Italian
  • Ranked “best university” among Italian institutions of higher education with 40,000+ students in 2013 by Italian Censis Services (the Independent National Institute for Socio-economic Research)
  • Situated in centre of Padua with the grassy Euganean Hills to the south and waterways all over the city
  • Campus is a cultural heritage site, home to historical landmarks like Palazzo Bo and Anatomical Theatre, Palazzo Cavalli, La Specola
  • Founded in 1222
  • 14 student residences, 10 museums and an experimental farm on campus
  • 12,000+ graduates each year
  • The university has an operating budget of over 600 million Euros, 10% dedicated to research

Considering going to Italy?

Get a head start on your program by learning Italian language and culture. the UBC Italian program offers a wide range of language courses, from introductory to advanced, as well as a number of fascinating culture, history, arts, film and literature courses.

Check out the course descriptions here and get information about the Italian minor and program: https://fhis.ubc.ca/undergraduate-italian-program/

Read student reports

Partner university's areas of study


Notes on Language of Instruction


Terms offered

Term 1Term 2Full year Term 1 + 2 (UBC Term 1 start)Split year Term 2 +1 (UBC Term 2 start)

Who can go?

  • Forestry students

Term dates

  • Classes organized in semesters or trimesters, depending on specific class
  • Semesters: October to February (First semester), February to July (Second semester)
  • Trimesters: October to December (First trimester), January to April (Second trimester), Mid-April to Mid-July (Third trimester)
Courses + Transfer Credits


Course equivalency formula

  • 2 ECTS = 1 UBC credit

Credit transfer process

The transfer credit process takes approximately 16 weeks following each submission deadline. You should allow sufficient time to meet important deadlines that may affect you (e.g. application for graduation, registration in courses that require prerequisites that you took on exchange, entry to a major/honours program, etc.)

For more information about Go Global transfer credit

Course Information

* Students who have special requirements or require academic accommodation should contact a Go Global advisor regarding their needs at least six weeks prior to the application deadline.

Type of Go Global Experiences

Exchange (pay UBC tuition)Internships

Partner Course Information

Transfer credits and equivalent courses at this university

Check out the courses that students have successfully transferred back in the last 3 years. If you don't see a course you need listed, it simply means you need to submit the course to be evaluated through the Transfer Credit Portal while on exchange.

* Areas of study at partner universities are subject to change. This list is to be used as a general guideline and is not exhaustive; research the partners' websites for additional course information.

No courses found.
Tuition, Fees and Awards

Exchange tuition

  • 15 credits or equivalent full-time program fee per term, paid to UBC
  • Some exceptions may apply

Scholarships + awards

The Go Global award $1000

All students accepted to Go Global for Exchange, Research Abroad, or Study Abroad programs are automatically considered for this award. If you meet the eligibility criteria, you'll be notified of your award after you're accepted to Go Global and after you get nominated to apply to the partner university.

Additional awards

Students who are eligible for awards may receive one UBC or UBC-affiliated international learning award. If you're eligible, you are always offered the highest-value award. Unless stated otherwise, you need to meet eligibility criteria set out by the University Senate regarding awards.

Check out international learning awards and eligibility.

Information for US students

If you are a student from the United States, please check the US Department of Education Lookup Tool to ensure that any partner institution you wish to attend on Exchange is Title IV ‘eligible’ for Federal Student Aid for the year in which you intend to study there. For institutions outside of the US, select “Foreign Country” from the “State” dropdown menu.

If you attend an eligible institution, then you may receive Title IV federal student loans while on Exchange.

If you attend an ineligible institution:

  • You will not be eligible for US federal student loans,
  • You may invalidate any US student aid you have previously received for your studies at UBC,
  • You may be required to immediately begin repaying your US student loans, and
  • You may not be eligible for any future US student aid for the remainder of your studies at UBC.

Housing notes

  • Students encouraged to apply for accomodation early as demands are high

Information on Accommodation

How to applyBack to UBCO