The transfer credit process takes approximately 16 weeks following each submission deadline. You should allow sufficient time to meet important deadlines that may affect you (e.g. application for graduation, registration in courses that require prerequisites that you took on exchange, entry to a major/honours program, etc.)
University of the Philippines
- UP was established on June 18, 1908 and presently has eight constituent units: UP Diliman, UP Manila, UP Los Baños, UP Visayas, UP Mindanao, UP Open University, UP Baguio and UP Cebu.
- As of 2014, UP has produced 36 out of 38 National Scientists; 35 out of 60 National Artists; 7 out of 15 Presidents of the country; 13 Chief Justices of the Supreme Court; 15,000 doctors; 8,000 lawyers; 15,000 engineers; 23,000 teachers and hundreds of thousands of graduates in other academic fields.
- Various UP campus have different specializations, but cater to a wide range of academic disciplines
Partner university's areas of study
ELIGIBILITY AND TIMING
Who can go?
- Students can complete course work in most areas of study
- Available campuses include: Diliman, Los Banos, Manila, Baguio, Cebu, Visayas
- Term 1: Early August to Early December
- Term 2: Mid-January to Early May
What term to list on your Go Global Application:
- Term 1: if planning to take UPLB's semester 2
- Term 2: if planning to take UPLB's semester 1
- Full year: if planning to take UPLB's semester 2 and then take UPLB's Semester 1
- Split Year: if planning to take UPLB's semester 1 and then take UPLB's semester 2
Course equivalency formula
3.6 UPLB Credits = 3.0 UBC Credits
Credit transfer process
* Students who have special requirements or require academic accommodation should contact a Go Global advisor regarding their needs at least six weeks prior to the application deadline.
Type of Go Global Experiences
Full course load information
Students take 6 courses per semester
Semesters are approximately 5 months long
Transfer credits and equivalent courses at this university
Check out the courses that students have successfully transferred back in the last 3 years. If you don't see a course you need listed, it simply means you need to submit the course to be evaluated through the Transfer Credit Portal while on exchange.
* Areas of study at partner universities are subject to change. This list is to be used as a general guideline and is not exhaustive; research the partners' websites for additional course information.
- 15 credits or equivalent full-time program fee per term, paid to UBC
- Some exceptions may apply
Scholarships + awards
The Go Global award $1000
All students accepted to Go Global for Exchange, Research Abroad, or Study Abroad programs are automatically considered for this award. If you meet the eligibility criteria, you'll be notified of your award after you're accepted to Go Global and after you get nominated to apply to the partner university.
Students who are eligible for awards may receive one UBC or UBC-affiliated international learning award. If you're eligible, you are always offered the highest-value award. Unless stated otherwise, you need to meet eligibility criteria set out by the University Senate regarding awards.
Information for US students
If you are a student from the United States, please check the US Department of Education Lookup Tool to ensure that any partner institution you wish to attend on Exchange is Title IV ‘eligible’ for Federal Student Aid for the year in which you intend to study there. For institutions outside of the US, select “Foreign Country” from the “State” dropdown menu.
If you attend an eligible institution, then you may receive Title IV federal student loans while on Exchange.
If you attend an ineligible institution:
- You will not be eligible for US federal student loans,
- You may invalidate any US student aid you have previously received for your studies at UBC,
- You may be required to immediately begin repaying your US student loans, and
- You may not be eligible for any future US student aid for the remainder of your studies at UBC.
Types of accommodation available
- 11 dormitories for students available, situated in different parts of the university
- The abundance of nature is what makes these dormitories conducive not only for studying but also for recreational activities
- Women’s Residence Hall is exclusive to female UPLB students
- Men’s Residence Hall used to be exclusive for male UPLB students but now houses female undergraduates as well
- New Dormitory was primarily built for freshmen students
- Some of the dormitories can also accommodate transient guests, specially during off-peak seasons and student vacation periods
- A number of hotels, bed and breakfast inns and resorts are in Los Baños which visitors and friends can choose to stay in when they go to the campus for business or leisure