The transfer credit process takes approximately 16 weeks following each submission deadline. You should allow sufficient time to meet important deadlines that may affect you (e.g. application for graduation, registration in courses that require prerequisites that you took on exchange, entry to a major/honours program, etc.)
WHU-Otto Beisheim School of Management
- A privately funded business school
- Accredited by AACSB, EQUIS, and FIBAA
- 2 different campus locations: Dusseldorf and Vallendar
- Provides excellence in management education
- 1400 students with 150 exchange students every semester
- Ranks 1st in Germany in the Financial Times Excutive MBA rankings (2015) and Master in Management rankings (2015)
- Ranks 6th in the world by the Economist in its' "WhichMBA?" Executive Education rankings (2015)
Partner university's areas of study
Notes on Language of Instruction
- Wide range of courses in English at the undergraduate and Graduate evel
- WHU offers intensive tuition-free German language courses for excange students worth 5 ECTS credits
- Students must have at least a B1 level to study in German (To determine your level, please self-assess with: European Language Portfolio Global Scale)
ELIGIBILITY AND TIMING
Who can go?
- Only COMM (UBCV) students
- Semester 1: Late August to Late December
- Semester 2: Early January to Late April
- European Bachelor Summer Institute: June
Course equivalency formula
- ECTS credits divided by 2 = UBC credits
Passing grade3.7 – 4.0 ausreichend Sufficient
Credit transfer process
* Students who have special requirements or require academic accommodation should contact a Go Global advisor regarding their needs at least six weeks prior to the application deadline.
Type of Go Global Experiences
Course information and restrictions
- May be provided with a “Schein," for each course completed - please be sure to retain this in order to give to Go Global upon your return
Transfer credits and equivalent courses at this university
Check out the courses that students have successfully transferred back in the last 3 years. If you don't see a course you need listed, it simply means you need to submit the course to be evaluated through the Transfer Credit Portal while on exchange.
* Areas of study at partner universities are subject to change. This list is to be used as a general guideline and is not exhaustive; research the partners' websites for additional course information.
- 15 credits or equivalent full-time program fee per term, paid to UBC
- Some exceptions may apply
Scholarships + awards
- Students considering this university are encouraged to apply for the generous DAAD Undergraduate Scholarship - application is due by January 31, before you will have received confirmation of your exchange, therefore you will require a letter from Go Global to apply
The Go Global award $1000
All students accepted to Go Global for Exchange, Research Abroad, or Study Abroad programs are automatically considered for this award. If you meet the eligibility criteria, you'll be notified of your award after you're accepted to Go Global and after you get nominated to apply to the partner university.
Students who are eligible for awards may receive one UBC or UBC-affiliated international learning award. If you're eligible, you are always offered the highest-value award. Unless stated otherwise, you need to meet eligibility criteria set out by the University Senate regarding awards.
Information for US students
If you are a student from the United States, please check the US Department of Education Lookup Tool to ensure that any partner institution you wish to attend on Exchange is Title IV ‘eligible’ for Federal Student Aid for the year in which you intend to study there. For institutions outside of the US, select “Foreign Country” from the “State” dropdown menu.
If you attend an eligible institution, then you may receive Title IV federal student loans while on Exchange.
If you attend an ineligible institution:
- You will not be eligible for US federal student loans,
- You may invalidate any US student aid you have previously received for your studies at UBC,
- You may be required to immediately begin repaying your US student loans, and
- You may not be eligible for any future US student aid for the remainder of your studies at UBC.
Types of accommodation available
- WHU offers various furnished housing options in Vallendar ranging from a single room to an apartment
- Housing prices range from 320 to 545 Euros per month
- Housing application will be done online