January 15, 2018
January 15, 2018
The National University of Singapore is one of the top comprehensive research-intensive universities in the world and is consistently ranked the top university in Asia.
The Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program in Science (UROPS) is a great way for undergraduate students to foster mentoring relationships with faculty and research staff and engage actively in research, discussions, and other creative activities. Through complementing conventional classroom learning and following the typical phases of doing research, students are able to enhance their knowledge in the latest development of science and technology, acquire special communication and presentation skills, think creatively, and interact and forge closer ties with the established scientists and members of their groups.
Students will conduct supervised research on a chosen project and give a presentation on their research . Give a presentation before they leave Singapore. By the first week of November following the summer programme, submit a paper and full report to the supervisors for grading when they are back at their home University. This will allow the students to concentrate fully on research during the 12 weeks and give them ample time to do extra literature review and write their reports when they are back at UBC.
To learn more about the program please check out the NUS UROPS program website.
To access a list of available UROPS projects please check out this site
Projects are available for students studing in the Faculty of Science. Students may choose to contact academic staff to request to work with them or ask NUS to suggest relevant academic staff based on their research interests.
All students are considered for the Go Global Research Abroad Award
On-campus housing is arranged for successful applicants by the UROPS program. Students are required to pay for housing.
Students are responsible for the cost of travel and living associated with participating in this program. Accepted students may be eligible for a stipend from the Amgen Scholars Program to assist with costs.
Students accepted into this program will be charged the Go Global fee of $415 once acceptance has been confirmed.
Students are responsible for the cost of travel and living associated with participating in this program. For more information on program and living costs while at National University of Singapore, please check out this page.
Students accepted into this program will be charged the Go Global fee once acceptance has been confirmed.
All structured research abroad programs involve two parts: applying to Go Global to request nomination and submitting an application to the partner university.
Go Global reviews all applications for nomination on a rolling basis and encourages students to submit their Go Global applications as soon as possible.
1. Review the project list or available labs on the partner website to ensure there is a project or lab you are interested in. Contact the faculty lead on the project you’re interested in to ask if he or she can be your supervisor. Include your academic records and other supporting information. You will receive an email confirmation if the faculty member agrees to be your supervisor.
2. Apply to register your interest with Go Global online. Students can apply to up to 3 programs on one application and are asked to submit a brief statement of interest.
3. Go Global will update your online application within 2 weeks of submission with detailed instructions on how to submit your partner application and your UBC transcript.
4. Each partner application may request different supporting documents. For the National University of Singapore, prepare to have the following documents ready to include with your partner application:
5. Once you've collected all documents, submit them to Go Global by the deadline outlined in the instructions you receive from our office. Our team will forward all applications to the National University of Singapore for review
If you are accepted by a host university for a structured research program, you will be asked to confirm you participation in the program and you will be charged the Go Global fee of $415. The fee will be posted to your SSC account following confirmation of your acceptance. Go Global will contact you with complete information on how to pay the fee.
You will not be able to make payment in-person at Brock Hall (Vancouver), University Centre (Okanagan), the Go Global office or your financial institution. You cannot pay this fee directly through your financial institution’s online banking interface as payments made through this method will only be counted towards your tuition and your Go Global fee will remain unpaid.
You will receive a $93.25 refund if you withdraw from the program in writing to your Go Global Advisor before March 31, 2018. If your notification of acceptance from the host university is after the refund deadline, then you have two weeks from date of acceptance to withdraw and receive a partial refund. Please consult with your Go Global advisor if you have any questions.
Monday: 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Tuesday: 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Thursday: 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
You might not need to see an advisor. General questions about the Go Global Exchange process can be answered at the Main Office at the UBC Life Building (Vancouver).