All structured research abroad programs involve two parts: applying to Go Global to request nomination and submitting an application to the partner university.
Go Global reviews all applications for nomination on a rolling basis and encourages students to submit their Go Global applications as soon as possible.
1. Review the project list or available labs on the partner website to ensure there is a project or lab you are interested in
2. Apply to register your interest with Go Global online. Students can apply to up to 3 programs on one application and are asked to submit a brief statement of interest.
3. Go Global will update your online application within 2 weeks of submission with detailed instructions on how to submit your partner application and your UBC transcript.
4. Each partner application may request different supporting documents. For Shanghai Jiao Tong prepare to have the following documents ready to include with your partner application:
- A scan of the identification page of your passport. The passport must be valid for at least 6 more months for the visa application.
- ID photo (similar to a passport photo)
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Copy of your most recent academic transcript- Go Global will upload a copy of your transcript onto Gateway. You are responsible for obtaining transcripts from any other post-secondary institutions that you have attended prior to UBC.
- Motivation letter
- Recommendation letter
- Report of your past research experience (if available)
5. Please upload all the requested documents onto the online application portal. Once you have completed your online application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name and student number to let us know when you submit your application so that we can keep your records up to date.