- Ensure that you meet the eligibility requirements, including any partner or program-specific requirements.
- Apply online by the Go Global deadline listed above. Please submit only one application for the summer program of your choice (you can include a second choice as a backup on the same application if needed by selecting the "Add Item" button). If you plan to do multiple experiences (e.g. more than one summer program; a term exchange and a summer program, etc.), please submit a separate application for each experience. Our team will review your application and if successful, will nominate you to apply to the partner institution.
- Pay the Go Global Fee when prompted after the application deadline.
- If successfully nominated by Go Global, you will receive instructions on how to apply to the partner university. This application typically includes the supporting documents listed below:
- Recommendation letter from a UBC professor in a field similar to the summer opportunity
- UBC Transcript (Go Global will provide you with a copy of your UBC transcript)
DIS Study Abroad in Scandinavia Summer Sessions
About the Program
DIS Copenhagen and DIS Stockholm offer a number of summer study abroad programs – all taught in English – where the topics are focused and cutting-edge. Depending on the program, you may also take part in study tours in Europe, which are integrated into the coursework.
Final program details will be published by the partner institution that manages this program and are generally updated on their program webpage. However, you must apply through Go Global to be considered for this program and ensure you follow the appropriate transfer credit process.
When applying for this program through Go Global, please indicate on your Gateway application which session(s) and course(s) you intend to take in the essay section.
Partner InstitutionDIS, Study Abroad in Scandinavia
Exact dates depend on the program you choose.
Area(s) of studyAnthropologyArchitectureArt HistoryArtsBiologyCommerceEconomicsEnvironmental ScienceGender, Race Sexuality and Social JusticeHealth SciencesHistoryInternational RelationsManagementPolitical SciencePsychologySociologyVisual Arts
Tuition payable to
- Partner institution
- February 1, 2018
Additional Requirements or Restrictions
Must have completed 3 terms at a post-secondary institution before attending DIS. Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
You can enroll in 3 to 12 credits. Please note that 3 DIS credits = 3 UBC credits.
Tuition and Fees
You will pay tuition directly to the partner institution for this program. Please note that UBC students receive an automatic fee reduction for the program costs.
The partner institution may charge other program fees such as application fees, housing costs, field trips, cultural activities, or other costs associated with hosting this program. Please check the partner webpage for details of program costs.
A number of external scholarships and funding opportunities offered by DIS are available. Please check the partner's website for details.
How to apply to a Go Global Summer Program
Go Global Refund Policy for Summer Programs
To receive a refund from Go Global, you must withdraw by e-mail to your Go Global advisor by March 30.
You are eligible for a refund of $321.75 if:
- You have applied to Go Global but do not meet our minimum eligibility requirements
- Go Global cannot match you to a partner university
- The partner university does not accept your application and Go Global cannot find another option
You will receive an $93.25 refund if you withdraw from the program in writing before March 30 for reasons other than those stated above.
Please consult with your Go Global advisor if you have any questions.
Monday: 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Tuesday: 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Thursday: 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
You might not need to see an advisor. General questions about the Go Global Exchange process can be answered at the Main Office at the UBC Life Building (Vancouver).