- Ensure that you meet the eligibility requirements, including any partner or program-specific requirements.
- Apply online by the Go Global deadline listed above.
- Please submit only one application for the summer program of your choice. You can include a second choice as a backup on the same application if needed by selecting the "Add Item" button.
- Where applicable, select the "SUMMER STUDY" option to pay tuition to UBC or the "Study Abroad" option to pay tuition to the partner institution. If you select the "SUMMER STUDY" option, please also include a second choice.
- If you plan to do multiple experiences (e.g. more than one summer program; a term exchange and a summer program, etc.), please submit a separate application for each experience. Our team will review your application(s) and if successful, will nominate you to apply to the partner institution(s).
- Pay the Go Global Fee when prompted after the application deadline.
- If successfully nominated by Go Global, you will receive instructions on how to apply to the partner university. This application typically includes the supporting documents listed below:
- Recommendation letter from a UBC professor in a field similar to the summer opportunity
- UBC Transcript (Go Global will provide you with a copy of your UBC transcript)
Exeter College in the University of Oxford Exeter College Summer Programme
About the Program
At the oldest English-speaking university in the world, the 6-week Exeter Summer Programme in the University of Oxford offers 12 interdisciplinary lecture courses arranged in 6 streams. Students get access to the University of Oxford’s world-famous libraries and classes known for their academic excellence. In addition to exploring Oxford and its traditions through extra-curricular activity programs, students participate in a day-trip to London.
Final program details will be published by the partner institution that manages this program and are generally updated on their program webpage. However, you must apply through Go Global to be considered for this program and ensure you follow the appropriate transfer credit process.
Partner InstitutionUniversity of Oxford
Early July to mid August
- United Kingdom
Area(s) of studyArtsChemistryEconomicsEnglishFilm StudiesInternational RelationsMathPhilosophyPolitical Science
Tuition payable to
- Partner institution
- December 6, 2018
Additional Requirements or Restrictions
Cumulative GPA of 3.3 out of 4 and at least 18 years of age
Please refer to the website for any additional requirements.
Students select 2 of the 6 academic streams made up of 2 courses each. Completion of the program will result in the equivalent of approximately 15 ECTS credits.
Transfer credits and equivalent courses at this university
Check out the courses that students have successfully transferred back in the last 5 years. If you don't see a particular course you listed, it simply means you need to submit the course to be evaluated through the Transfer Credit Portal while abroad. For more information, please visit the Go Global Transfer Credit webpage.
* Not all courses listed are offered through the summer program at this institution. This list is to be used as a general guideline and is not exhaustive; research the partner's websites for additional course information.
Tuition and Fees
You will pay tuition directly to the partner institution for this program. This partner also offers additional scholarship opportunities for applicants. Please refer to the partner institution's website for more information.
The partner institution may charge other program fees such as application fees, housing costs, field trips, cultural activities, or other costs associated with hosting this program. Please check the partner webpage for details of program costs.
How to apply to a Go Global Summer Program
If you are considering applying for a Go Global program and identify with having a disability or pre-existing health condition (mental or physical) which could impact your participation, or if you require academic accommodation, you can contact the following offices and meet with an Accessibility Advisor before the start of your program:
The Centre for Accessibility (Vancouver) 604 822-5844
Disability Resource Centre (Okanagan) 250 807-8053
Go Global Refund Policy for Summer Programs
The Go Global Fee (of $415.00) is an administrative fee required for all applicants to Go Global programs. The fee is non-refundable. However it may be adjusted under the following circumstances:
Not matched to summer abroad:
You are eligible to have your Go Global fee adjusted from $415.00 to $93.25 (i.e. reduced by $321.75) if:
- You have applied to Go Global but do not meet our minimum eligibility requirements
- The partner university does not accept your application and Go Global cannot find another option
To withdraw from your Go Global summer abroad program, you must contact Go Global by email to request withdrawal. You will then be asked to complete a short withdrawal form.
Students who withdraw by March 30 will have their Go Global fee adjusted from $415.00 to $321.75 (i.e. reduced by $93.25).
Please consult with your Go Global advisor if you have any questions.
Drop-in advising hours
Monday: 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Tuesday: 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Thursday: 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Extended drop-in advising hours January 7 - 17, 2019
Monday - Friday: 1:00pm - 3:30pm
You might not need to see an advisor. General questions about the Go Global Exchange process can be answered at the Main Office at the UBC Life Building (Vancouver).
Go Global events
512:00 PM - 1:00 PM: CANCELLED: Cancelled: Outbound Exchange | Go Global 101 info session
1212:00 PM - 1:00 PM: Outbound Exchange | Go Global 101 info session