- Ensure that you meet the eligibility requirements, including any partner or program-specific requirements.
- Apply online by the Go Global deadline listed above. Please submit only one application for the summer program of your choice (you can include a second choice as a backup on the same application if needed by selecting the "Add Item" button). If you plan to do multiple experiences (e.g. more than one summer program; a term exchange and a summer program, etc.), please submit a separate application for each experience. Our team will review your application and if successful, will nominate you to apply to the partner institution.
- Pay the Go Global Fee when prompted after the application deadline.
- If successfully nominated by Go Global, you will receive instructions on how to apply to the partner university. This application typically includes the supporting documents listed below:
- Recommendation letter from a UBC professor in a field similar to the summer opportunity
- UBC Transcript (Go Global will provide you with a copy of your UBC transcript)
FESIA Consortium - From the farm to the table: A sustainable food system
About the Program
ESA Groupe within the FESIA Consortium offers a unique four-week program through which students can learn about the French food system from a sustainable development perspective. The purpose of the program is to demonstrate the links between food culture, agriculture and the food industry. The program will also introduce students to the French way of life and to France's role in the European Union.
After the program, ESA hosts a Farm Practice Internship in the Loire Region, France where students are matched with a farmer family and intern for 4 weeks to 8 weeks in July – August. More information about the internship, credits, and costs can be found on the ESA website. If you wish to apply for this internship opportunity, please contact Go Global.
Partner InstitutionFESIA Consortium
Late May through late June
Area(s) of studyLand and Food SystemsScience
Tuition payable to
- Partner institution
- February 1, 2018
Additional Requirements or Restrictions
Lands & Foods System, Science (focus on agricultural sector, food or environmental sciences)
ECTS credits divided by 2 = UBC credits
You can earn up to 10 ECTS credits
Tuition and Fees
You will pay tuition directly to the partner institution for this program.
How to apply to a Go Global Summer Program
Go Global Refund Policy for Summer Programs
To receive a refund from Go Global, you must withdraw by e-mail to your Go Global advisor by March 30.
You are eligible for a refund of $321.75 if:
- You have applied to Go Global but do not meet our minimum eligibility requirements
- Go Global cannot match you to a partner university
- The partner university does not accept your application and Go Global cannot find another option
You will receive an $93.25 refund if you withdraw from the program in writing before March 30 for reasons other than those stated above.
Please consult with your Go Global advisor if you have any questions.
Monday: 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Tuesday: 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Thursday: 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
You might not need to see an advisor. General questions about the Go Global Exchange process can be answered at the Main Office at the UBC Life Building (Vancouver).