- Ensure that you meet the eligibility requirements, including any partner or program-specific requirements.
- Apply online by the Go Global deadline listed above.
- Please submit only one application for the summer program of your choice. You can include a second choice as a backup on the same application if needed by selecting the "Add Item" button.
- Where applicable, select the "SUMMER STUDY" option to pay tuition to UBC or the "Study Abroad" option to pay tuition to the partner institution. If you select the "SUMMER STUDY" option, please also include a second choice.
- If you plan to do multiple experiences (e.g. more than one summer program; a term exchange and a summer program, etc.), please submit a separate application for each experience. Our team will review your application(s) and if successful, will nominate you to apply to the partner institution(s).
- Pay the Go Global Fee when prompted after the application deadline.
- If successfully nominated by Go Global, you will receive instructions on how to apply to the partner university. This application typically includes the supporting documents listed below:
- Recommendation letter from a UBC professor in a field similar to the summer opportunity
- UBC Transcript (Go Global will provide you with a copy of your UBC transcript)
Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München International Summer University (MISU)
About the Program
Programs are available for undergraduate and graduate students. Undergraduate students may participate in the following programs:
- European Studies: "Participants gain a broad insight into the historical development and the economic, social, political, and philosophical dimensions of the European integration process as well as into Europe's role as an international political and economic agent." Students have the option to do an intensive version of the course, or a regular version plus a non-credit German language class.
- Middle East Studies: "Participants gain a broad understanding of the key political, economic, and societal developments in the contemporary Middle East." The program is for "students that have an interest in foreign policy, economic and societal developments. In-depth knowledge of Middle Eastern affairs is not required."
Please indicate which program track you intend to take at LMU MISU in the Statement of Intention section of your Go Global application. If you wish to participate in a different program offered by MISU, please contact Go Global.
Final program details will be published by the partner institution that manages this program and are generally updated on their program webpage. However, you must apply through Go Global to be considered for this program and ensure you follow the appropriate transfer credit process.
Partner InstitutionLudwig-Maximilians-Universität München
- European Studies: Mid-July to mid-August (through to late August if taking non-credit German language class)
- Middle East Studies: August
Area(s) of studyArtsInternational RelationsPolitical Science
Tuition payable to
- Partner institution
- February 7, 2019
You will enroll in 6 - 9 ECTS credits depending on the program. Please note that 2 ECTS credits = 1 UBC credit.
Transfer credits are only granted for courses with academic content and may not be granted for cultural activities or intensive language courses. Please speak to a departmental advisor if you have any questions.
Transfer credits and equivalent courses at this university
Check out the courses that students have successfully transferred back in the last 5 years. If you don't see a particular course you listed, it simply means you need to submit the course to be evaluated through the Transfer Credit Portal while abroad. For more information, please visit the Go Global Transfer Credit webpage.
* Not all courses listed are offered through the summer program at this institution. This list is to be used as a general guideline and is not exhaustive; research the partner's websites for additional course information.
Tuition and Fees
There are a limited number of exchange spaces available for the European Studies program track only, which will be assessed on a competitive basis. Under exchange, students pay UBC tuition for the number of credits they enroll in for this program. If not selected to use an exchange space, students will pay tuition directly to the partner institution at a special discounted rate for UBC students.
For the Middle East Studies program, you will pay tuition directly to the partner institution for this program.
The partner institution may charge other program fees such as application fees, housing costs, field trips, cultural activities, or other costs associated with hosting this program. Please check the partner webpage for details of program costs.
How to apply to a Go Global Summer Program
Go Global Refund Policy for Summer Programs
The Go Global Fee (of $415.00) is an administrative fee required for all applicants to Go Global programs. The fee is non-refundable. However it may be adjusted under the following circumstances:
Not matched to summer abroad:
You are eligible to have your Go Global fee adjusted from $415.00 to $93.25 (i.e. reduced by $321.75) if:
- You have applied to Go Global but do not meet our minimum eligibility requirements
- The partner university does not accept your application and Go Global cannot find another option
To withdraw from your Go Global summer abroad program, you must contact Go Global by email to request withdrawal. You will then be asked to complete a short withdrawal form.
Students who withdraw by March 30 will have their Go Global fee adjusted from $415.00 to $321.75 (i.e. reduced by $93.25).
Please consult with your Go Global advisor if you have any questions.
Drop-in advising hours
Monday: 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Tuesday: 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Thursday: 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Extended drop-in advising hours January 7 - 17, 2019
Monday - Friday: 1:00pm - 3:30pm
You might not need to see an advisor. General questions about the Go Global Exchange process can be answered at the Main Office at the UBC Life Building (Vancouver).
Go Global events
512:00 PM - 1:00 PM: CANCELLED: Cancelled: Outbound Exchange | Go Global 101 info session
1212:00 PM - 1:00 PM: Outbound Exchange | Go Global 101 info session