- Ensure that you meet the eligibility requirements, including any partner or program-specific requirements.
- Apply online by the Go Global deadline listed above. Please submit only one application for the summer program of your choice (you can include a second choice as a backup on the same application if needed by selecting the "Add Item" button). If you plan to do multiple experiences (e.g. more than one summer program; a term exchange and a summer program, etc.), please submit a separate application for each experience. Our team will review your application and if successful, will nominate you to apply to the partner institution.
- Pay the Go Global Fee when prompted after the application deadline.
- If successfully nominated by Go Global, you will receive instructions on how to apply to the partner university. This application typically includes the supporting documents listed below:
- Recommendation letter from a UBC professor in a field similar to the summer opportunity
- UBC Transcript (Go Global will provide you with a copy of your UBC transcript)
Nanyang Technological University GEM Trailblazer Summer
About the Program
NTU offers 5 different study tracks during the summer. Students can take courses from multiple tracks if the timetables work. The 5 tracks are:
Chinese Language & Cultural Studies – learn basic Chinese language skills and gain exposure to Chinese culture
Entrepreneurship & Innovation Asia – develop fundamental entrepreneurship competencies, business acumen and stamina to build and grow businesses.
Creative Design & Media – discover various genres of poetry, prose and film as the students recreate and tell their own Asian and Singapore journeys through writing, editing, and new media production tasks.
Success in the Globalised Marketplace – offers a diverse range of courses from different disciplines all designed to support students to gain all-round insights into the global skillsets required for today’s competitive market place.
New Technologies, New World - learn about new technologies such as bioprinting and their processes and applications to today's world.
Partner InstitutionNanyang Technological University
Depends on the tracks. The program runs from June to August.
Area(s) of studyArtsChinese LanguageChinese StudiesCommerceCreative WritingManagementMedia StudiesScience
Tuition payable to
- February 1, 2018
Additional Requirements or Restrictions
Applicants must achieve a minimum GPA requirement of 3.0/5.0.
Course load varies depending on the tracks. Each course worth 3 AU credits. 1 AU credit = 1 UBC credit. Please check the partner program page for details.
Tuition and Fees
You will pay UBC tuition for the number of credits you enroll in for this program. The partner institution may charge other program fees such as application fees, housing costs, field trips, cultural activities, or other costs associated with hosting this program. Please check the partner webpage for details of program costs.
How to apply to a Go Global Summer Program
Go Global Refund Policy for Summer Programs
To receive a refund from Go Global, you must withdraw by e-mail to your Go Global advisor by March 30.
You are eligible for a refund of $321.75 if:
- You have applied to Go Global but do not meet our minimum eligibility requirements
- Go Global cannot match you to a partner university
- The partner university does not accept your application and Go Global cannot find another option
You will receive an $93.25 refund if you withdraw from the program in writing before March 30 for reasons other than those stated above.
Please consult with your Go Global advisor if you have any questions.
Monday: 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Tuesday: 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Thursday: 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
You might not need to see an advisor. General questions about the Go Global Exchange process can be answered at the Main Office at the UBC Life Building (Vancouver).