- Ensure that you meet the eligibility requirements, including any partner or program-specific requirements.
- Apply online by the Go Global deadline listed above. Please submit only one application for the summer program of your choice (you can include a second choice as a backup on the same application if needed by selecting the "Add Item" button). If you plan to do multiple experiences (e.g. more than one summer program; a term exchange and a summer program, etc.), please submit a separate application for each experience. Our team will review your application and if successful, will nominate you to apply to the partner institution.
- Pay the Go Global Fee when prompted after the application deadline.
- If successfully nominated by Go Global, you will receive instructions on how to apply to the partner university. This application typically includes the supporting documents listed below:
- Recommendation letter from a UBC professor in a field similar to the summer opportunity
- UBC Transcript (Go Global will provide you with a copy of your UBC transcript)
Sciences Po Summer School
About the Program
Sciences Po Summer School offers students the opportunity to study in depth themes in the field of social science as well deepen their language skills. Students will have the chance to live and learn in Paris, engaging in cultural and historic tours alongside their academic work. Each session is a four-week intensive program.
Two academic tracks are offered in each session, social sciences track and French language track. In each session, students will select one core class for intensive study and all students have the possibility to choose additional elective courses to complete 24 hours of additional study.
Partner InstitutionSciences Po Reims and Paris
Session 1: June
Session 2: July
Students have the choice to attend one or both sessions.
Area(s) of studyArtsFrench LanguageInternational RelationsPolitical Science
Tuition payable to
- Partner institution
- February 1, 2018
Please view the website for more details and consult with your faculty advisor: http://www.sciencespo.fr/summer/content/certification
Please note that 2 ECTS credits = 1 UBC credit.
4 ECTS for social sciences track. 5 ECTS for French language track. Successful completion of an elective class awards students 2 ECTS credits.
Transfer credits are only granted for courses with academic content and may not be granted for cultural activities or intensive language courses. Please speak to a departmental advisor if you have any questions.
Tuition and Fees
You will pay tuition directly to the partner institution for this program.
The partner institution may charge other program fees such as application fees, housing costs, field trips, cultural activities, or other costs associated with hosting this program. Please check the partner webpage for details of program costs.
How to apply to a Go Global Summer Program
Go Global Refund Policy for Summer Programs
To receive a refund from Go Global, you must withdraw by e-mail to your Go Global advisor by March 30.
You are eligible for a refund of $321.75 if:
- You have applied to Go Global but do not meet our minimum eligibility requirements
- Go Global cannot match you to a partner university
- The partner university does not accept your application and Go Global cannot find another option
You will receive an $93.25 refund if you withdraw from the program in writing before March 30 for reasons other than those stated above.
Please consult with your Go Global advisor if you have any questions.
Monday: 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Tuesday: 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Thursday: 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
You might not need to see an advisor. General questions about the Go Global Exchange process can be answered at the Main Office at the UBC Life Building (Vancouver).