- Ensure that you meet the eligibility requirements, including any partner or program-specific requirements.
- Apply online by the Go Global deadline listed above. Please submit only one application for the summer program of your choice (you can include a second choice as a backup on the same application if needed by selecting the "Add Item" button). If you plan to do multiple experiences (e.g. more than one summer program; a term exchange and a summer program, etc.), please submit a separate application for each experience. Our team will review your application and if successful, will nominate you to apply to the partner institution.
- Pay the Go Global Fee when prompted after the application deadline.
- If successfully nominated by Go Global, you will receive instructions on how to apply to the partner university. This application typically includes the supporting documents listed below:
- Recommendation letter from a UBC professor in a field similar to the summer opportunity
- UBC Transcript (Go Global will provide you with a copy of your UBC transcript)
Shanghai Jiao Tong University Antai Global Summer School
About the Program
This 3-week summer program offers intense cultural immersion and education of business practices in the business centre of Shanghai, China.
Final program details will be published by the partner institution that manages this program and are generally updated on their program webpage. However, you must apply through Go Global to be considered for this program and ensure you follow the appropriate transfer credit process.
Partner InstitutionShanghai Jiao Tong University
Sessions offered in May and July
Area(s) of studyArtsChinese LanguageChinese StudiesCommerceEconomicsManagement
Tuition payable to
- Partner institution
- February 1, 2018
You will enroll in 3 SJTU credits. Please note that 1 STJU credit = 1 UBC credit. Students in the May session with a high level of Mandarin have the option to substitute language classes for a 1-credit company case study.
Transfer credits are only granted for courses with academic content and may not be granted for cultural activities or intensive language courses. Please speak to a departmental advisor if you have any questions.
Tuition and Fees
There are a limited number of exchange spaces available, which will be assessed on a competitive basis. Under exchange, students pay UBC tuition for the number of credits they enroll in for this program. If not selected to use an exchange space, students will pay tuition directly to the partner institution. UBC participants will receive a 20% tuition discount.
In both cases, the partner institution may charge other program fees such as application fees, housing costs, field trips, cultural activities, or other costs associated with hosting this program. Please check the partner webpage for details of program costs.
How to apply to a Go Global Summer Program
Go Global Refund Policy for Summer Programs
To receive a refund from Go Global, you must withdraw by e-mail to your Go Global advisor by March 30.
You are eligible for a refund of $321.75 if:
- You have applied to Go Global but do not meet our minimum eligibility requirements
- Go Global cannot match you to a partner university
- The partner university does not accept your application and Go Global cannot find another option
You will receive an $93.25 refund if you withdraw from the program in writing before March 30 for reasons other than those stated above.
Please consult with your Go Global advisor if you have any questions.
Monday: 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Tuesday: 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Thursday: 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
You might not need to see an advisor. General questions about the Go Global Exchange process can be answered at the Main Office at International house (Vancouver).
If you’re looking for more information on where you can go, please visit our Resource Library located on the top floor of the International House. Here you can freely browse our collection of material sent from partner universities including international student handbooks, course catalogues and departmental overviews.