- Ensure that you meet the eligibility requirements, including any partner or program-specific requirements.
- Apply online by the Go Global deadline listed above. Please submit only one application for the summer program of your choice (you can include a second choice as a backup on the same application if needed by selecting the "Add Item" button). If you plan to do multiple experiences (e.g. more than one summer program; a term exchange and a summer program, etc.), please submit a separate application for each experience. Our team will review your application and if successful, will nominate you to apply to the partner institution.
- Pay the Go Global Fee when prompted after the application deadline.
- If successfully nominated by Go Global, you will receive instructions on how to apply to the partner university. This application typically includes the supporting documents listed below:
- Recommendation letter from a UBC professor in a field similar to the summer opportunity
- UBC Transcript (Go Global will provide you with a copy of your UBC transcript)
University of Bonn Summer Course for German Language, Literature and Cultural Studies
About the Program
The University of Bonn Summer Course for German Language, Literature and Cultural Studies offers participants the opportunity to learn German or to improve existing knowledge. There will be courses for beginners and for advanced students as well as courses dealing with specific terminology. Class sizes are small (12-14 participants), and there will be an assessment test first to ensure that the students' individual needs and expectations are taken into account. Students will also have the opportunity to participate in excursions and other social events as part of their social and leisure programs.
Partner InstitutionUniversität Bonn
Area(s) of studyArtsGerman LanguageGerman Studies
Tuition payable to
- Partner institution
- February 1, 2018
Additional Requirements or Restrictions
Participants must be at least 18 years of age to be eligible.
You can obtain up to 6 ECTS credits for coursework successfully completed, but must notify the partner institution at time of registration who will inform you about the requirements. Please note that 2 ECTS credits = 1 UBC credit.
Tuition and Fees
You will pay tuition directly to the partner institution for this program. Bonn offers one 1,000 Euro scholarship to a selected program participant from UBC. For details, speak to a Go Global Advisor.
The partner institution may charge other program fees such as application fees, housing costs, field trips, cultural activities, or other costs associated with hosting this program. Please check the partner webpage for details of program costs.
How to apply to a Go Global Summer Program
Go Global Refund Policy for Summer Programs
To receive a refund from Go Global, you must withdraw by e-mail to your Go Global advisor by March 30.
You are eligible for a refund of $321.75 if:
- You have applied to Go Global but do not meet our minimum eligibility requirements
- Go Global cannot match you to a partner university
- The partner university does not accept your application and Go Global cannot find another option
You will receive an $93.25 refund if you withdraw from the program in writing before March 30 for reasons other than those stated above.
Please consult with your Go Global advisor if you have any questions.
Monday: 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Tuesday: 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Thursday: 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
You might not need to see an advisor. General questions about the Go Global Exchange process can be answered at the Main Office at the UBC Life Building (Vancouver).