- Ensure that you meet the eligibility requirements, including any partner or program-specific requirements.
- Apply online by the Go Global deadline listed above. Please submit only one application for the summer program of your choice (you can include a second choice as a backup on the same application if needed by selecting the "Add Item" button). If you plan to do multiple experiences (e.g. more than one summer program; a term exchange and a summer program, etc.), please submit a separate application for each experience. Our team will review your application and if successful, will nominate you to apply to the partner institution.
- Pay the Go Global Fee when prompted after the application deadline.
- If successfully nominated by Go Global, you will receive instructions on how to apply to the partner university. This application typically includes the supporting documents listed below:
- Recommendation letter from a UBC professor in a field similar to the summer opportunity
- UBC Transcript (Go Global will provide you with a copy of your UBC transcript)
Yonsei University International Summer School
About the Program
Yonsei has offered the International Summer School (YISS) since 1985. This long-standing program offers a wide variety of courses, research and internship opportunities while immersed in Korean culture. UBC students have the choice of applying to one of three experiences offered by Yonsei:
Yonsei International Summer School: Students are able to select a number of courses from a variety of areas of study to complete while living and learning in Seoul.
Yonsei University – Summer Research Internship Program: While completing course work Yonsei offers students the opportunity to participate in exciting research projects from a number of areas of study including Humanities, Social Sciences, Science and Engineering. Students will spend 20 hours per week working on their research project while completing academic courses. Check out the Summer Research Internship Program Website to learn more including details of upcoming projects.
Yonsei University – Korea Summer Internship Program: As part of the Yonsei International Summer School, students have the opportunity to develop their desired career skills with a corporate internship placement. Students will engage in coursework while pursuing a 20 hour per week internship. Internship placements are offered in a variety of fields including marketing and business. Please visit the Korea Summer Internship Program website to learn more about the program and upcoming internship opportunities.
All students applying to the research or internship program must be accepted into the Yonsei International Summer School program and complete academic credit.
Final program details will be published by the partner institution that manages this program and are generally updated on their program webpage. However, you must apply through Go Global to be considered for this program and ensure you follow the appropriate transfer credit process.
Partner InstitutionYonsei University
June to August
- South Korea
Area(s) of studyArtsCommerceEconomicsKorean LanguageKorean StudiesScience
Tuition payable to
- Partner institution
- February 1, 2018
Additional Requirements or Restrictions
Students must have a cumulative GPA of at least 65%.
You will enroll in 2 to 3 courses. Please note that 1 Yonsei credit = 1 UBC credit.
Transfer credits are only granted for courses with academic content and may not be granted for cultural activities or intensive language courses. Please speak to a departmental advisor if you have any questions.
Tuition and Fees
There are a limited number of exchange spaces available, which will be assessed on a competitive basis. Under exchange, students pay UBC tuition for the number of credits they enroll in for this program. If not selected to use an exchange space, students will pay tuition directly to the partner institution.
In both cases, the partner institution may charge other program fees such as application fees, housing costs, field trips, cultural activities, or other costs associated with hosting this program. Please check the partner webpage for details of program costs.
How to apply to a Go Global Summer Program
Go Global Refund Policy for Summer Programs
To receive a refund from Go Global, you must withdraw by e-mail to your Go Global advisor by March 30.
You are eligible for a refund of $321.75 if:
- You have applied to Go Global but do not meet our minimum eligibility requirements
- Go Global cannot match you to a partner university
- The partner university does not accept your application and Go Global cannot find another option
You will receive an $93.25 refund if you withdraw from the program in writing before March 30 for reasons other than those stated above.
Please consult with your Go Global advisor if you have any questions.
Monday: 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Tuesday: 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Thursday: 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
You might not need to see an advisor. General questions about the Go Global Exchange process can be answered at the Main Office at International house (Vancouver).
If you’re looking for more information on where you can go, please visit our Resource Library located on the top floor of the International House. Here you can freely browse our collection of material sent from partner universities including international student handbooks, course catalogues and departmental overviews.