Loans for students from other provinces

If you are from a province or territory other than BC, you're eligible to receive government student loan assistance by applying through your home province or territory. If you’re enrolled in part-time studies you must also apply through your home province or territory.

Home province or territory

Your home province or territory is generally the province where you lived before attending UBC, depending on whether you are a dependent or an independent student. 

Contact your provincial office or territorial office

Automatic tuition deferral

Eligible graduate and undergraduate students will have fees deferred for one month after the tuition fee deadline in September or January. Deferrals don't apply to registration deposits.


  • If you apply for full time student loans by July 15; and

  • Are eligible for funding to pay your tuition and fees

Check your deferral on the SSC

You can check that your deferment has been processed by accessing your fee information on the Student Service Centre (SSC).

Contact us