Other Funding Types

Veteran’s Affairs

US veterans, their dependents, and/or spouses attending UBC may be eligible for educational benefits through the US Department of Veterans Affairs.


To determine if you are eligible for educational benefits, please apply through the VA website or visit your local regional office to apply in person. 

To request confirmation of program eligibility, please email usloans.inquiry@ubc.ca with your intended program of study and UBC will work with the VA to determine its eligibility and notify you by email of the VA’s decision. This process usually takes 2 – 4 weeks but can take longer at high volume times of year.

Applying and using benefits at UBC

Email usloans.inquiry@ubc.ca a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility and your program of study. If your program is eligible, UBC’s certifying officials will complete a V22-1999a form on your behalf and work with you to secure your funding for your studies.


Students who have completed voluntary activities for AmeriCorps may be eligible for an Education Grant. UBC is a qualified institution for certifying Americorps Education Grants.


To determine your eligibility for educational benefits and request disbursements (payments) from your education awards, please log into your My Americorps account or call Americorps directly at 1-800-942-2677.

Apply and using benefits at UBC

Once you’ve requested a disbursement from your My Americorps account, please email usloans.inquiry@ubc.ca with your name, UBC student number, and Social Security Number. UBC will use this information to follow up on your request.

State Funding

UBC can provide cost of attendance and confirmation of enrolment information for students applying for a number of state funded and 529 college saving plans including:

  • Alaska Education Loans

  • Guaranteed Education Tuition (GET)

  • Rhode Island Higher Education Assistance Authority (RIHEAA)

  • Vermont Student Assistance Corporation (VSAC)

Email usloans.inquiry@ubc.ca to arrange your electronic loan or enrolment confirmation (RIHEAA and VSAC) or to make an in-person appointment to get your paperwork signed (Alaska). Please provide your name, UBC student number and Social Security Number.

If you are eligible for student loans from a state not listed above, please email usloans.inquiry@ubc.ca  and include your name, UBC student number and Social Security Number.

Contact us