What to include in your campus health kit
Fever-reducing and pain medication such as acetaminophen or ibuprofen
- Anti-nausea medication like dimenhydrinate (commonly marketed under brand names like Gravol and Dramamine, but generic brands will work just as well)
- Thermometer so you can check your temperature
- Decongestants for stuffy sinuses caused by colds
- Antihistamines for allergic reactions
- Lozenges for sore throats
- Bandages for minor cuts and scrapes
- Soap to clean your minor cuts and scrapes; no need for anything stronger
- Triangular bandage for sprains, strains, or breaks to provide support until you can see a doctor
- Tweezers for splinters
- Sunscreen to prevent uncomfortable sunburns
- Bring copies of prescriptions to Student Health Services so the doctors and nurses know what you are taking. This includes a copy of your eyeglass or contact lens prescription.
- Keep a copy of your emergency contacts in a convenient location. These can include your parents, Residence Advisor (if you live in residence), extended family, and friends.