What you need
BC Medical Services Plan (MSP) or health coverage under another provincial or territorial basic health plan.
What it will cover
- Doctor visits
- Hospital visits
As long as you remain enrolled and eligible for MSP or your home province or territory health plan.
Effective January 1, 2016
MSP Monthly Rates:
- $75.00 per month for an individual,
- $136.00 for a family of two, or
- $150.00 for a family of three or more.
You pay directly to MSP. Some employers may pay some or all of your MSP fees. Check with your employer for more information.
Fees are subject to change.
How to enrol
- You can enrol with MSP directly.
- You may already be covered under one or both of your parents’ plans.
- You do not need to switch to MSP if you are covered under another Canadian provincial or territorial health plan (as long as you remain a student).
MSP information for domestic students