10 reasons why you should attend Jump Start
Making the transition to university can be challenging but Jump Start has you covered.
Jump Start is a week-long orientation program designed to introduce you to the campus, your faculty, and other first-year students.
As a participant, you can start creating your community on campus while developing a clear idea of what it takes to be successful at UBC. Best of all, you’ll have the chance to do it before classes even begin.
Jump Start activities are provided free of charge by UBC. You’re only responsible for the cost of your meals and on-campus accommodation (if you’re living in residence).
Past participants agree - Jump Start is the best way to start life at UBC! In their own words, here’s why:
1. “You can build up your social network before the first term starts. That will improve your university life a lot.”
2. “Being involved in a Learning Community your first year makes you feel a sense of belonging. It’s calming to be a part of a group like this.”
3. “The student leaders are a meaningful resource and you can discuss anything and everything with them.”
4. “You’ll know how to move around campus and Vancouver.”
5. “You will meet people from all over the world.”
6. “[Jump Start] will give you an early start in the academic portion of the university experience.”
7. “The memories I made at Jump Start are some of the fondest of my time at UBC.”
8. “The orientation leaders provide the benefit of their experiences and are able to understand your concerns as a first-year student.”
9. “You’ll get to know the people in your program as well as some of your professors.”
10 “There’ll be time to adjust to campus and university life and you’ll feel very prepared for the school year.”
Learn more about Jump Start and don’t forget to register by 11:59 PM PDT on July 5th, 2018.