Interested in challenging yourself, inspiring your peers, and making an impact at UBC? Becoming an Imagine UBC Senior Orientation Leader may be just the role for you.
There are plenty of great ways to get involved at UBC. Becoming a student leader is one of them. As an Imagine UBC Senior Orientation Leader, you’ll build campus community, mentor your peers, and gain a ton of new skills. You’ll be an integral part of orientations, playing a key role in shaping the culture on campus and the experience of first-year students.
As an Imagine UBC Senior Orientation Leader, you’ll...
1. Connect with a diverse group of people at UBC, including staff, students, and advisors, both in your faculty or school and outside of it.
2. Add valuable transferable skills to your resume including leadership, adaptability, and networking. (To name a few!)
3. Work in a fast-paced, positive, and exciting environment where you’ll be trusted with important responsibilities.
4. Be a part of something that’s bigger than yourself.
5. See firsthand how orientation programs are developed and the values that UBC promotes.
6. Experience the change you want to see on campus, as it happens over the course of a year.
7. Gain a different perspective and broaden your horizons by interacting with the leaders of other faculties and schools.
8. Learn where your strengths are and what areas you can improve in when it comes to leadership and working with others.
9. Be inspired by all the students and leaders at UBC and feel proud to be part of such an amazing community of people.
The application deadline for Imagine UBC Senior Orientation Leaders is October 31st, 2017.