Each year, UBC welcomes thousands of new students to campus. Become a student leader and guide them through orientation programs. These programs allow students to meet friends, learn about their academic experience, and connect with professors from their faculty.
UBC Orientation and Transition Leadership opportunities
Get involved in Orientations
What you can expect
- Learn about building respectful and inclusive communities.
- Develop leadership, facilitation, and teamwork skills.
- Meet other students in your faculty or school.
- Find out about involvement opportunities and resources in the UBC community.
Apply for a position
Get involved in leadership positions and support students in their transition to UBC.
- Imagine UBC Orientation Leaders
Welcome new students and help them feel supported in their first year experience.
- Imagine UBC Senior Orientation Leaders
Lead a team of Orientation Leaders and build community on the first day of school and beyond.
- Jump Start and Collegia Leader opportunities
Apply to be a student leader in the first-year experience programs, Jump Start and Collegia.