If you are experiencing financial concerns, you can schedule a confidential advising appointment with an Enrolment Services Advisor (ES Advisor). An Enrolment Services Advisor will work with you to develop the best course of action and review resources available to you.
To determine if you have an assigned advisor, check the UBC contact listed in the Personal Info section of your Student Service Centre (SSC). If you do not see an assigned ES Advisor contact, please submit your request online and an ES Advisor will connect with you directly.
ES Advisors can help you create or adapt your financial plan and find financial support options when unexpected situations arise. Example situations for which students have reached out include:
- An unexpected change in living situation
- Food insecurity
- Delays in transferring funds out of a country
- Illness or death in the family
- An exceptional medical situation
- Other unforeseen circumstances you could not have planned for