Resources for students with US loans

Numbers for your tax return

  • US IRS Employer Identification Number (for student/parent tax purposes): 98-6001255
  • American students can use this number to claim education tax credits on their income tax.

    Parents trying to fill out the education tax credits form 8863 may be eligible for up to a $2,500 tax credit. See American Opportunity Credit for details.
  • Title IV School Code: G08369
  • OPEID: 00836900
  • Sallie Mae School Code: 008369-00
  • Veterans Affairs Certifying Code: 1-1-1016-75
  • DUNS Number: 251949962

Frequently Asked Questions

Read our US loans FAQs to find answers to common questions about US loans at UBC.

Consumer report

Related content

If you have questions

Please contact your Enrolment Services Advisor directly. If you do not have an assigned advisor, they are still available to help.