Advising Assistants and International Student Advisors are experts on immigration policies. They are available to help you in-person, by phone, or via email. They can review your documents and offer options to consider.
Important: Make the most of your time with an advisor by bringing your completed application forms, supporting documents and a list of questions you have prepared in advance.
Mondays to Fridays from 9:30 am to 4:00 pm at International Student Advising in the UBC Life Building. General information is available from Advising Assistants. Check the virtual line for daily wait times.
Before dropping by:
- Review the first six steps of this tutorial on Study permit extension from within Canada and note where you got stuck
- Gather your completed forms and supporting documents and bring these along with your questions
Phone International Student Development at 604-822-5021 and set-up a phone advising appointment as appropriate.
Once you have scheduled an appointment to speak with an advisor, do the following before your call:
Review the first six steps of the tutorial on Study permit extension from within Canada and note where you got stuck
Before sending an email, review the first six steps of the tutorial on Study permit extensions from within Canada:
- Review the tutorial on Study permit extension from within Canada
- Review the first six steps of the tutorial
If you still have questions, send an email to email@example.com and include the following:
- Your student number in the email subject line
- Your name
- All permit and visa expiration dates (if applicable)
- If you are currently in Canada (Yes or No)
- Which step in the tutorial you are stuck on
- Copies of applicable documents, such as a rejection letter, that relates to your specific question(s)